Sign in to follow this  
Bachian

Weird/deadly AP behavior

Some days ago, I started to have some weird autopilot behavior. The following is happening:

1) Sometimes, during the takeoff, when clicking on TOGA, the throttle are not advancing to N1. You can see that on the following video (go to 39:45):

https://youtu.be/1-QetkCQKhs?t=39m45s

Or this (go to 46:46)

https://youtu.be/TViNfVVuxls?t=46m46s

2) After takeoff, the AP don't follow the FD, starting to bank in a way if I don't act, the airplane turns upside down. When this happens, it's impossible to use the AP and the only way to not crash is to hand fly.

I suspect this started with the last P3D hotfix (v3.4.18.19475).

I reinstalled SimConnect, FSUIPC and the 737 itself.

All the checklists were done. It's not an operational issue (I'be been flying the 737 for years).

All aircraft failures (aircraft specific and service-based) are disabled.

I'm desperate to solve this. The 737 is my favorite airplane by far.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is one of those cases where I would suspect of corrupted files. If everything else works in the sim, airplanes snd such, I would then do a clean re install of the 737.

I am not a mod, but I might as well remind you that full names first and last are required in the forum.

This is one of those cases where I would suspect of corrupted files. If everything else works in the sim, airplanes snd such, I would then do a clean re install of the 737.

I am not a mod, but I might as well remind you that full names first and last are required in the forum.

As I said, I already tried to reinstall the 737. Not just that, but the Simconnect and FSUIPC too.

I seems to be solved and I could never imagine that would be the cause.

I realized that my computer was not initiating with the correct hour set, and after a brief moment it was automaticaly updated to the right hour.

After a test flight, I checked and the Windows did not updated the clock and it was completely wrong. So during the flight I manualy changed the clock and the 737 imediately became without fuel and started to behavier super weird. So I suspected the issue I had days before had something related to this.

So I replaced the motherboard lithium battery and the clock was fixed. Since that, I made some flights and everything have been normal.

Resuming. The problem was the motherboard lithium battery.

• Upvote 1

I seems to be solved and I could never imagine that would be the cause.

I realized that my computer was not initiating with the correct hour set, and after a brief moment it was automaticaly updated to the right hour.

After a test flight, I checked and the Windows did not updated the clock and it was completely wrong. So during the flight I manualy changed the clock and the 737 imediately became without fuel and started to behavier super weird. So I suspected the issue I had days before had something related to this.

So I replaced the motherboard lithium battery and the clock was fixed. Since that, I made some flights and everything have been normal.

Resuming. The problem was the motherboard lithium battery.

Good catch.