Sign in to follow this  
msagner

Is it possible to save 'preferences' with aircraft?

As I usually fly Airbus, Boeing, Cessna, Piper etc, and as I use a joystick for the airbus and those types that feature a stick in RW, and I use a control yoke for Boeings and the types that have a yoke in RW, it would be very convenient if the CP 'preferences' could be saved along with the aircraft.

This way, all the settings for view changing by hat switch could be different for aircraft flown with a yoke vs. the ones flown with a joystick.

The tab "Aircraft" is still disabled within CP - what functions will be implemented under this tab?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I was about to ask the same question.

Right now I am not sure how to save the Preferences.

I have two problems - Because I have two joysticks. One is xbox controller for Chaseplane, Second is my old yoke joystick for flying.

1. In FSX SE joystick settings, I have to clear out all xbox controller values so I can specifically use it for Chaseplane and nothing else.

2. I have to adjust my chaseplane preference settings to increase the camera movement speed and reduce inertia speed to my liking.

If there is a way if I can save the second option, half of my post FS Load prep work would be reduced.

Thank you :)

So you guys are talking about Control Assignments, not preferences in general?

I like the idea!

While this is not something we can do before v1, we definitely added it to the features list

Thanks, that would be great!

You might consider doing it similar to the way Pete Dowson does in FSUIPC: there you can define profiles, and you can choose the desired profile for each aircraft. That would save time and hassle for the users.

• Upvote 1