Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FS Labs A320X: THE Airbus in the virtual skies

FSLabs is a good simulation of an Airbus. I was interested in learning how to operate Airbus aircraft and bought it the week of release. I installed FSX Steam just for it. It was very fun and enjoyable to learn and fly it had good sounds and minus some big bugs on release an almost complete simulation. I had VAS issues, and did not want to buy DX10 Fixer because I was waiting for the P3D version and money is tight for my flight sim hobby now.

This was before they announced a patch that they said helped with VAS and to make a long story short my bug reports and suggestions were not appreciated and taken with a hostile response. The last one was when I posted that I had degrading VAS usage when flying multiple legs and I enjoyed flying multiple legs without restarting the sim. I said I was able to do this in other aircraft. I was banned from the forums and could not access their download page. I was able to get a refund for the product which is too bad I liked it.

I will enjoy watching streams of it in P3D then since I do not fly it any longer. But if you are interested in an Airbus and have the money it is much better than the AS Airbus.

i am debating on buying this plane, i only use fsx-se and x-plane. i use x-plane most of the time, but the airbus are my favorite planes.

i am debating on buying this plane, i only use fsx-se and x-plane. i use x-plane most of the time, but the airbus are my favorite planes.

To get the best performance you should buy the DX10 Fixer. Also you need a good CPU possibly overclocked to 4ghz or close. And a lot of tweaks in fsx. Autogen slider should go to normal to help vas and fps. water to 1x high. It is a lot of work just to get acceptable performance and you might even be disappointed in performance because it is so demanding. P3d is the best system to run it in. I liked the atmosphere of it, the sounds, but an Airbus is so automated after a while you sort of get bored more than flying another less automated airplane. And you have less atmosphere to look at because your sliders are all less than you'd like.

I had fun for the month I had it and would love to see it in P3D if I wasn't banned by them for being such a troublemaker having the nerve posting bugs and suggestions, but I'd never go back to the fsx version.

I have not tried it since the first patch so some performance might have improved enough, but in my opinion the only choice is to go P3D or buy another addon airplane for fsx or xplane and enjoy that.

thanks i  have a 6700k@ 4.7ghz, 32 gb ddr4, all ssd's and a gtx 1070, i  just haven't changed my sig yet,i am just not sure if the 100.00 is worth it.i also already have the dx10 fixer, i have for several years. i get 40fps on the ground with the pmdg 777 and about 100 fps in the air, i realize the issue is probably vas.i have spent alot into fsx and p3d over the years, but i switched to x-plane a year ago and only fly fsx for my pmdg planes sometimes.

thanks i  have a 6700k@ 4.7ghz, 32 gb ddr4, all ssd's and a gtx 1070, i  just haven't changed my sig yet,i am just not sure if the 100.00 is worth it.i also already have the dx10 fixer, i have for several years. i get 40fps on the ground with the pmdg 777 and about 100 fps in the air, i realize the issue is probably vas.i have spent alot into fsx and p3d over the years, but i switched to x-plane a year ago and only fly fsx for my pmdg planes sometimes.

You have the computer for it and I'm sure you'd like it. If you ever decide to go P3D instead the price difference is the upgrade price, that attracted me to it in the first place. I'm still on fsx only because I can't afford to buy all the PMDG products I like flying again for P3d. Vas is your main issue like you pointed out. But they claim to have lessened the memory footprint after the patch and you have dx10 I did not so that is a less memory footprint too.

Have you looked at the Majestic Q400? Just as detailed and a smaller performance hit than the PMDG NGX.

i don't care for turbo props, i like heavy jets, airbus, boeing,the a330 in x-plane 11 is my favorite plane right now. thats why i was looking at the a320x. i own the aerosoft a320, if the a320x is much better, i might go ahead and buy it tonight. i have a bunch of addons for fsx-se, but this time around, i only installed orbx ftx global and my fsdreamteam airplanes, i decided to stay away from loading the sim down until p3d is 64 bit. i own p3d v3 as well, but i was sick of the ooms. thats why i went to x-plane a year ago.

I've been  in teh fence for quite some while...

Apart from ELITE, no other civil sim presently seats on my rig. AEFS2 is a certain install as soon as I find the time and mood to download it again ( prefer to wait for their Q-400 or first helicopter to be released ) and DCS and IL.2 keep me busy and very satisfied as a simmer whoo looks for flight dynamics plausibility / "perfection" in the very first place, but I hve gotten to the limiar of jumping after readng accross this thread!

Thx Michael - FSX:SE with FTX Global, AS16 and maybe Aerosoft Madeira, and of course the DX10 fixer might be my 100th install of FSX:SE but this turn around I'll turn it into an Airbus simulator only !

BTW: Do you use it in windowed mode or full screen ? I believe I read that full screen brings problems ? Any experiences with this ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I was flying the FSL A320 in FSX SE with very good performance and no issues. Using DX10 fixer and only FSX and ASN because i installed FSX only for this bird. Before Christmas i uninstalled FSX because i use P3D and i saw the post on Facebook saying that P3D version was on final.

I will wait to P3D version to be released and won't install FSX again but i enjoyed the A320 in FSX without problems.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg