Sign in to follow this  
Kratos

Copyright sissy's

Well...there is a program to convert files. I don't want to infringe upon any copyrights of any people so I wont share it on the forum. Dont get me wrong or anything...I will gladly share it if it did not infringe upon any copyrights...but it does and I feel uncomfortable.Regards,Moses

What's with all you sissy's talking about copy right law.  Once the software is on my computer i will do what i want with it.  What could go wrong, the big mean attorneys going to come sue me?   It's like the old FBI warning on VHS tapes stating that it was illegal to copy them.  What a joke!   I'm posting from a bootleg copy of WinXP.  I'm not worried about MS suing me!  They would have to prove that I have hurt their company somehow.  The fact is, as long as I'm not trying to make an income off copy right material no one is going to do jack &%$#!

I once, a couple years ago, was able to convert a mdl file to dxf and import it into my bootleg  Autocad 2007, just to see if I could do it.  I didn't get as far as converting a dxf back to a mdl, I lost interest.  Unfortunately  I have forgotten what software I used.  I want to say it was software that shipped with FS2004.  When The bug bites me I'll revisit this challenge!

I will update this thread to any pertinent information I learn on the subject.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What's with all you sissy's talking about copy right law. Once the software is on my computer i will do what i want with it. What could go wrong, the big mean attorneys going to come sue me? It's like the old FBI warning on VHS tapes stating that it was illegal to copy them. What a joke! I'm posting from a bootleg copy of WinXP. I'm not worried about MS suing me! They would have to prove that I have hurt their company somehow. The fact is, as long as I'm not trying to make an income off copy right material no one is going to do jack &%$#!

I once, a couple years ago, was able to convert a mdl file to dxf and import it into my bootleg Autocad 2007, just to see if I could do it. I didn't get as far as converting a dxf back to a mdl, I lost interest. Unfortunately I have forgotten what software I used. I want to say it was software that shipped with FS2004. When The bug bites me I'll revisit this challenge!

I will update this thread to any pertinent information I learn on the subject.

Encouraging piracy, bootlegging and anything of that nature is against the Avsim TOS, so I'm locking the thread.

Btw, I'm not sure why you drug up a thread from 2002 to state this anyway.