Sign in to follow this  
MadMackem

Single FMC

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with my 737NGX. Been using for months and no problem, but today when I input my fuel into the second FMC the FO side displays crash and the message of "Single FMC Display" appears!!

Tried restarting the game but no luck. Anyone come across this?

FSX-SE is what I use. I start with Short turn around as default set in my FMC.

Thx in advance.

Did you have a power source switched on besides the battery?

Now we're getting technical haha, I'll double check next time I have a flight. Thx for the reply  :smile:

It sounds technical if you're new to simming, but I'll try and make it simple:

Usually, when you enter a cold and dark cockpit the first thing you turn on is the battery(s). However, this will only give you limited electrical power. In order to fully power the electrics you need to connect to an external power cart. This will provide more power, enabling you do all your preflight flows and checks before you even start an engine.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Now we're getting technical haha, I'll double check next time I have a flight. Thx for the reply  :smile:

try flying the tutorial flight. Thats the easiest way to get basic knowledge about the NGX and its operation.

sig1.png
sig2.png

It sounds technical if you're new to simming, but I'll try and make it simple:

Usually, when you enter a cold and dark cockpit the first thing you turn on is the battery(s). However, this will only give you limited electrical power. In order to fully power the electrics you need to connect to an external power cart. This will provide more power, enabling you do all your preflight flows and checks before you even start an engine.

try flying the tutorial flight. Thats the easiest way to get basic knowledge about the NGX and its operation.

I've been flying PMDG for a few months now, and all of a sudden this error is occuring. I'm wondering if it is a game error? 

As kenzo suggested, go though the tutorial flight step by step and see are you missing a step somewhere. If not, then it looks like some other issue. But try doing that first.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I've been flying PMDG for a few months now, and all of a sudden this error is occuring. I'm wondering if it is a game error? 

No, you probably only have the battery available as a power source. Just as in the real aircraft it wont power all screens and F/O cdu to prevent the battery from draining too fast. Either start the APU and select the APU generators to ON or set external power, or if you have engines running switch engine generators to ON on the overhead.

sig1.png
sig2.png

As kenzo suggested, go though the tutorial flight step by step and see are you missing a step somewhere. If not, then it looks like some other issue. But try doing that first.

No, you probably only have the battery available as a power source. Just as in the real aircraft it wont power all screens and F/O cdu to prevent the battery from draining too fast. Either start the APU and select the APU generators to ON or set external power, or if you have engines running switch engine generators to ON on the overhead.

Thx guys, will give it a go over the weekend.