Sign in to follow this  
NicoR44

FSX C172 Trim runaway on the ground?

Dear forum members I have an odd problem in FSX and to a lesser extend in Prepar3d as well.
This is the situation:

In FSX an am in the default C172, engines on and all ready to go.
Now the moment I engage the autopilot while still on the ground (odd I know), the trimwheel starts spinning in a runaway fashion either up or down with no stop. Mind you there is no target altitude set on the autopilot, neither an vertical speeds has been set. But is still keeps spinning. I do not use external hardware or run plugins or add-ons.

I have this with pretty much every plane in the game and to a lesser extend also in Prepar3d. On other computers as well. Also I can not really find anything from other uses reporting this. So is this realistic? Does this also happen in real life?

Thank!
Nico

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The simple answer is.....do not engage autopilot on the ground.  That's probably why others have not reported that

problem.

That is weird. I do a standard autopilot check (on then off) on most aircraft after a couple of times crashing on takeoff when the autopilot light was on and I didn't notice. Its on most a/c checklists, too.