Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Some issues FSL A320

Hi Gerald,

for me 1.0.2.5 still does not work. Many elements like doors and overhead panel are still inoperational. In addition there is a sporadic reset of the FCU with a message that not all FCU channels are operational yet in spite of MCE being on hard and soft mute.

I am on P3D V3.3, Windows 10, 3440x1440 screen if that is relevant.

Thanks for your support,

Dominik

FO pulling FCU heading and VS and increment by one is to ensure the values aren't at zero when he tries to find them.

This happens during flight preparation, and will have no incidence on the flight. If one thing, as long as FO pulls HDG, it means he hasn't worked out what the current value is. Same for VS. Notice, he doesn't need to pull the ALT, as that value is always expected to be at least 100 when you start the FSL A320.

He does pull the SPD knob when airborne, when passing 11000 feet above ground. We have decided to remove that action, as it's unlikely for the speed to be at zero.

Download latest file. Unzip and replace "mcfslA3X.dll" in \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\ folder.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcfslA3X.zip

The main issue remains with FO losing ability to click "square type" buttons on overhead panel (those above the external lights panel, as well as FMC-CDU), and we are working on that as a priority job.

but I'd rather have her/him

leaving the FCU untouched. Sometimes I am not even able to push the selectors back to managed.

Download latest dll above, and FO will no longer pull SPD select.

The dll also fixes a few broken items resulting from FSL fine tuning their aircraft and changing things. For instance, the trigger IDs for Dome light and Annunciator lights have changed from V184 to V193, and the dll had to be updated.

As FSL continue updating their aircraft, we anticipate the odd button needing attention until at least SP1 (perhaps even SP2) comes out when we can assume little is left to tweak in the dll.

These are very minor things though, it's just a matter of keeping an eye on those FSL releases and checking what has changed. It is for us to adapt, not the other way around.

Of more concern is the issue in P3D where FO is unable to click some overhead panel switches, even though he can still read them.

Needless to say we're working on that

Obviously, if there is an SDK that will give us access to things like FMA  or Ecam content, we'd be more than happy to expand the MCE integration with this aircraft.

Hi Gerald,

again thanks for the great and quick support. I will try the new DLL hopefully somewhen during this week.

That said, the FO continously pulls the the HDG and V/S knob in irregular intervals. This even occurs during taxi, takeoff and when airborne at cruise. I did not change windows or touch anything else in between two occurences (except setting verything back to managed mode). I am speculating know, but mabye with V193 it is no longer possible to read out these values in the same matter?

Offtopic: I have scripted my custom-build OpenCockpits FCU with a mixture of SIOC and LUA by using the known LVARS and the ROTOR BRAKE actions. While I can cause most buttons to work now and readout some states, I have not found a way to sample the Speed, Heading, Alt and V/S values in the FCU windows. Is there a thread you could point me to where offsets etc. are discussed or is the means you utilize for MCE a proprietary scheme?

Thanks,

Dominik

EDIT: Just realized I have two different avsim logins. Will erase one, sorry. Posted previously with DomGiu81

Edited by pddog58

Is there a thread you could point me to where offsets etc. are discussed or is the means you utilize for MCE a proprietary scheme?

We don't use Lua, FSUIPC or any other alternatives.

We have our own fsInsider.dll built over a decade and gives us the means to interface just about any aircraft, with or without SDK.

We haven't managed SPD on ground either. That's why FO leave that out until you're high enough.

As for HDG, ALT, VS and "Efis" Capt Baro, we definitely can get them.

We use advanced Windows programming system calls to read specific memory regions.

They aren't offsets you could discover and then rely on. They change from one FSX session to the other (with the same aircraft version). This is why FO has to pull those switches. To exclude searching for zero values, I mean to speed up the search.

Is your FSX or P3D folder shared by any chance?

You could disable the search altogether by adding these to "mcfslA3X.ini"

[OPTIONS]

FcuSupport=0

One suggestion...

If you've disabled UAC, re-enable it (2 notches up on the slider).

Restart your PC and assuming MCE is installed to default C;\Program Files (x86)\ folder, "fsx.exe" and "prepar3D.exe" are set to run as admin and not using a launcher app to start the sim (in which case launcher app must run as admin), these are the only requirements.

Eventually start aircraft with and without engines running and be patient while FO is looking them up.

Gerald,

would that .dll also help me on FSX?

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Hi Gerald,

with the new DLL and deactivating the FCU option I was able to complete a flight :-) Unfortunately, your other suggestions did not help the FO to grasp correct control over the FCU and other systems. Maybe the rotor brake actions might be a viable actuation mechanism? An Excel spreadsheet with the already identified items can be bound here http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/10548-some-early-parameters-for-those-of-us-using-hardware-controls/

Thanks for the support,

Dominik

Hi Gerald,

with the new DLL and deactivating the FCU option I was able to complete a flight :-) Unfortunately, your other suggestions did not help the FO to grasp correct control over the FCU and other systems. Maybe the rotor brake actions might be a viable actuation mechanism? An Excel spreadsheet with the already identified items can be bound here http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/10548-some-early-parameters-for-those-of-us-using-hardware-controls/

Thanks for the support,

Dominik

FO can actually handle all FCU buttons, both rotary and flat ones.

By design, we don't let him dial random values until he can work out those HDG, ALT VS and Efis QNH current values.

Will get another dll ready within a few days.

Gerald,

I also tried with "FcuSupport=0" and it was much better on the ground, but during the flight the copilot pulled speed

once nevertheless. How is that possible?

Thanks Peter

Peter

Gerald,

I also tried with "FcuSupport=0" and it was much better on the ground, but during the flight the copilot pulled speed

once nevertheless. How is that possible?

Thanks Peter

We have removed pulling SPD select because it's unnecessary. It's unlikely speed would be at zero when he's seeking to read its value in memory.

But you need to update to latest dll

This dll also fixes a couple of switches in "External lights" panel which FO couldn't control anymore when FSL moved from V184 to V193.

There will be more of these as FSL tweak their airplane until SP1 or SP2 settle things. But they are straight forward to fix.

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the support,

Dominic

If you read this thread, we had all those IDs worked out back in September, when no one thought it was possible to interface FSL bus without SDK.

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7616-multi-crew-experience/

Make sure the dll you got is V1.0.2.5

OK, dll now is version V1.0.2.8

Everyone should update. FCU detection now quicker.

Unzip and replace "mcfslA3X.dll" in \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ AND/OR \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\ folders.

Hi Gerald,

for me the new DLL does not work either. Now, the heading knob is adjusted continuously and never stops turning. The V/S is also adjusted until it shows +6000 at which point the A/C FCU does not allow a further increase.

These new DLL currently are only supposed to fix the FCDU, not the Overhead etc., right?

Best,

Dominik

Hi Gerald,

for me the new DLL does not work either. Now, the heading knob is adjusted continuously and never stops turning. The V/S is also adjusted until it shows +6000 at which point the A/C FCU does not allow a further increase.

These new DLL currently are only supposed to fix the FCDU, not the Overhead etc., right?

Best,

Dominik

FO not clicking flat type switches in P3D is something we have to get going. I mean it is affecting everyone.

As for the FCU, only a few are affected. That part is expected to work under both FSX & P3D.

What Windows version and which anti-virus are you running?

Windows UAC on or off?

Meanwhile, have a go with this dll.

Gerald,

tried the new DLL. Still the same behavior.

I am on Windows 10, Kaspersky Anti virus and UAC is off. What I recently realized is that when I open MCE the task bar also pops-up and there is no way to get P3D into a mode again without task bar. Meaning I have to manually hide it.

All programs (P3D, Simstarter, MCE) are running with admin priviliges.

EDIT: I use Process Lasso to set affinity. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks,

Dominik

there is a sporadic reset of the FCU with a message that not all FCU channels

Issue with FCU detection under Windows 10 now resolved.

Download and unzip this file, then replace "mcfslA3X.dll" in \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\ folder 

SPD isn't available on ground for detection. The dll will get it when you pass 1000 feet above ground. And should have full FCU voice control when you perform circuit training.

Confirm working.

Getting more and more into MCE, that program is fantastic. I for sure will use it for all my aircraft.

One thing I found in the FSL Bus, when I say "bird on" copilot answers correctly "track/fpa selected", but I do not

think he/she is pushing the respective knob as the bird is not showing on the PFD.

Thanks

Peter

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Petermuc3 said:

Getting more and more into MCE, that program is fantastic. I for sure will use it for all my aircraft.

One thing I found in the FSL Bus, when I say "bird on" copilot answers correctly "track/fpa selected", but I do not

think he/she is pushing the respective knob as the bird is not showing on the PFD.

Thanks

If you have latest "mcfslA3X.dll" (V1.0.3.0) in \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder, FO should press the HDG-VS/TRK-FPA button, assuming he already worked out in which state it is in.

Grab latest dll from this link: http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcfslA3X.zip

Having said that, it appears he's not reading the current FPA angle, which means he can't dial FPA when you request something like "set FPA minus three degrees).

This was an oversight and will be corrected in next update.