Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

P3D VAS usage undocumented change

Hi Guys,

This comment below was from Beau at LM as to add a sort of explanation as to why VAS might of increased in V3.4 as they did change something that is undocumented in the changelog.

Any time we update the sim, memory usage patterns may vary, and some re-tuning may be required. New features may require memory to implement. For example, as of 3.4, scenery models can now use visibility scripts to be more dynamic. These scripts shouldn't take up much memory, but we can't be sure how a feature like this might interact with add-on content. If an aircraft model with tons of visibility scripts was placed as a scenery model, it's memory footprint might be higher. We understand that for some use-cases, an older version may work better, so we've posted links to past releases to give users the option to go back. - BEAU LM.

Blessings

Duncan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

interesting, thank you for sharing Duncan!

I reverted back from 3.4 to 3.3 over the weekend and I've seen a marked improvement with VAS usage. Last time using 3.4 flying into Flytampa's EHAM I would get an OOM shortly after landing.

With 3.3 I decided to fly EGLL to EHAM, both VAS heavy areas and everything was buttery smooth, no crashes, no OOM errors. Think I will stick with 3.3 until LM decide to release v4 in 64bits.

Very interesting information. Now my (subjective) experience with 3.4 is officially confirmed. I also reverted back some time ago to 3.3 due to VAS issues.