Sign in to follow this  
skthomas

737 NGX Autpilot is Down!

Hey guys, I've read forums that date back years. My autopilot system in the 737 NGX will not activate correctly or stay on.  

Things I've tried

--I've checked and checked my trim!

--I've checked and cleared all failures in MCDU

--I've Checked my settings and FSUIPC settings

--I've reinstalled the NGX

When I active the auto pilot only on CDM A or B will activate when of course usually both will activate and stay on once I'm well into my flight.

That is not the case now and it didn't recently start happening.  I do use Spad next for all of my exterior hardware so I am trying to look and see if that is the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm going to guess you don't know that AP will not engage or stay engaged if you are moving your controls. Plane has to be flying on its own before you can engage, and if you yank the wheel while it is engaged it will turn off. 

When I had a similar problem I deleted the fsuipc.ini file in the FSUIPC directory to let it regenerate itself. That did the trick for me. But so many variables can play a role in flight simulation, you just have to go through a number of them to find out what causes the malfunction.

Good luck, Marc

Hi Guys

I am also experiencing the same problem with the Autopilot, Tried everything, makinging sure the IRS's are Alligned, the Yaw damper switch is on, and Trims are in the correct position and I still have NO AP when I'm flying, Its been fine up untill the 18th and havent been able to fly it since.

I've also tried, uninstalling/reinstalling and the FSUIPC Regenerate from above and still get it, Any help?

Regards

Ian Mann

I am also experiencing the same problem with the Autopilot,

It would be helpful to know what "everything" that you tried was in pointing you in the right direction.  Make sure the generators are on line? That's the most common problem.

Is the FD working as expected?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Guy

I seem to have fixed the issue, I just updated P3D to the latest version and now the Auotpilot seems to be working

I had an older version of V3.4 installed and didnt realise there was an update.

Regards

Ian Mann