Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

RC4 or PF3 with MCE?

Hi Stuart,

Sorry yes I didn't answer the first question. Well as I only really do short flights I don't use the FO function that much, just for trips to get drinks etc. So I have my PF3 set to no FO voice, just like you would if you do a full voice flight, if I go AGK then I switch to PF3 FO via the key press. No I don't hear my FO talk, but I check the PF3 display tool to check messages when I get back.

So really I only need my FO when I'm not at the keyboard, I much prefer doing coms myself. I hope that answers the question.

Rob

Thanks Rob for the clarification. I was trying to establish if one can still use voice via MCE when PF3 pilot voice is set to something other than 'none'.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I was trying to establish if one can still use voice via MCE when PF3 pilot voice is set to something other than 'none'.

Stuart

Yes, that works fine for me.

Hi Stuart,

I tested this last night, yes you can have a voice selected in PF3 and switch modes and PTT voice still works.

Rob

Rob,

Just purchased PF3 and installed, and I still can't get it to recognise voice commands / requests via MCE PTT button. MCE recognises my commands and PTT button working (buzz noise), but nothing from PF3.

Is there anything specific you did related to either PF3 or MCE to get voice working?

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

Installation for me was straight forward, the only thing I remember I had to change was the hotkey in PF3 for the "roger" command. I believe this was possibly due a key conflict, if you search the PF3 you might dig up the info.

The only thing I can think of, and I'm sure the guys at MCE will correct me if I'm wrong, maybe if you have been using RC4 and now you have switched to PF3 you might need to restore to factory settings in MCE and start afresh so it picks up the PF3 key config. Obviously you won't need to do the voice training again!

I assume you have switched MCE to PF3 in the ATC tab?

If your still unsure drop the MCE guys a support email, their fantastic as you know.

Rob

Thankx Rob, few things for me to check, but think everything is set correctly.

BTW, did you map the MCE PTT button to the PF3 PTT key in fsuipc4?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

No I have not used FSUIPC at all.

I just set my PTT in PF3, and set PF3 to use voice in the hotkey's, I think the default was ESC. I changed mine, I then set up my PTT button in MCE and that was it.

I'm not sure if using FSUIPC to map keys confuses MCE as I do recall being asked that question on a technical issue I had many moons ago.

Rob