Sign in to follow this  
cgw44

Payware airbus rant

You need a super computer to get acceptable vas

VAS is irrelevant to the computer you have.  32-bit is 32-bit.  Doesn't matter if you're running it on a 10 year old computer or one bought today.  VAS will still be the same.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Guest Mik75

The FSL A320X is by far the best Airbus simulation we've ever had in any desktop sim platform!

If you are into Airbus, this addon is a must have!

I did push the alt knob before takeoff but did not push the heading knob before takeoff because it looked like it was already armed.

But after takeoff I pushed both knobs and that did not work - I thought that you should be able to activate managed flight even after

being airborne.

To address earlier questions - yes I did fill out the data in the fmgs and I use a mouse to click the knobs and no I don't use fs2crew.

So, walking through it...

• You filled out a departure and destination
  • set your fuel on Init page 2
  • You went to your flight plan, selected the departure runway in the flight plan along with the rest of your route.
  • Went to the perf page and selected, probably, config 1 and got a flex temp.
  • On the center console, set flaps 1 prior to takeoff and armed spoilers

When you advance the throttles, what does it say across the top of your PFD?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So, walking through it...

You filled out a departure and destination / Yes

set your fuel on Init page 2 / Yes

You went to your flight plan, selected the departure runway in the flight plan along with the rest of your route./Yes

Went to the perf page and selected, probably, config 1 and got a flex temp. No I don't recall seeing any config option here - I put oat temp for a flex temp.

On the center console, set flaps 1 prior to takeoff and armed spoilers / I use flap 2 and do arm spoilers.

When you advance the throttles, what does it say across the top of your PFD?  MAN FLX - SRS CLB - RWY NAV

Mmmm, okay.  If you choose flaps 2 on the flaps lever make sure that's configured in the FMGS on the perf page.  Most of the time folks use 1 but, whatever.  Enter '2' for flaps 2 and then press the third button on the right side.  You shouldn't have to change the flex temp.  I'm not at my sim so I can't say if it fixes the issue but you may be confusing the FMGS.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Few other additions...

Status

Recall

Takeoff Test... No Blue

Arm Altitude.

There are other things, but that gets you up.

Flaps 2 is fine, weight dependent. Given my loadout, I usually use Flaps 2 myself.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.