Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Flying at Angle

This is basically, a 'what am I doing wrong?' post...  During cruise the aircraft doesn't fly wings level, there is a very slight bank angle.. I've tried trim but I might not be doing this correctly.. can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Craig Read, EGLL

During cruise the aircraft doesn't fly wings level, there is a very slight bank angle..

Screenshot?

Kyle Rodgers

I'll try to take one next time I go up, haven't got one at the moment.. but basically.. it's just banking slightly left.. not very much.. but it's constant.. it's clearly a response to the wind.. and I think you can trim it out.. I am just not sure if I'm doing that correctly..

If you have any pointers or ideas let me know.. I'll try them and report back.. if they don't work I'll take a screen shot.

Controls are through FSUIPC though.. I thought I should mention that..

I am sure it's something stupid.. I just can't track it down..

Cheers

Craig Read, EGLL

Is there a very strong crosswind that aircraft is trying to counter? Which aircraft? Not a PMDG aeroplane, but my FSX Shorts 360 autopilot banks the aircraft slightly to counter crosswinds up high, it was doing it in a 45 knot crosswind up at 20,000 the other day.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'll try to take one next time I go up, haven't got one at the moment.. but basically.. it's just banking slightly left.. not very much.. but it's constant.. it's clearly a response to the wind.. and I think you can trim it out.. I am just not sure if I'm doing that correctly..

Wind shouldn't cause a constant bank, unless the weather program is doing something weird. You don't bank into wind at cruise, you turn into it to cancel the drift and then level the wings.

Kyle Rodgers

Bad choice of words on my part, I understand it should turn into it. This bank isn't extreme but it's a slight lop sidededness on the PFD, I imagine "passengers" would barely notice but it's quite noticeable using instruments. I won't be able to test now as I am going away, I am sure this happened to me before and it turned out to be something silly. Could fsuipc be causing it? Bad calibration or something?

Cheers

PS excuse edits, stupid auto correct!

Craig Read, EGLL

If you're on A/P, the controls shouldn't be involved.  Maybe you have a little rudder trim cranked in, make sure both rudder and aileron trims are centered.

Dan Downs KCRP

I s your rudder centred ?

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================