Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

For those of us asking questions

I got my wrist slapped by Kyle yesterday (still stings).

And he was very right to do it.

The answer, my friends, was in the Introduction manual.

Actually, if the question you have is related to something the airplane "is telling you", like a message in the CDU, the EICAS and such, or if you are pressing a button and it is not doing what you think it should, then there is an almost 100% chance that the answer to the issue and the resulting questions, will be found in the Introduction or Tutorial manuals.

The answer, will 100% be found, if we include the FCOM.

My problem, for example, was with the programming of the FMC load data. I read and read the pages of the FMC programming in the Intro manual. But the answer wasn't there. The answer was on Page 11 of 22 of "Equipment Options - Weight Balance System" in the FMC.

If I would have searched (using the "Find" feature of PDF) for ZFW or GW rather than FMC, I would have eventually, have found the answer and my wrist would not be rosy-pink this morning. 

Now, when I have a question, I will think of Google and I will apply that search rationale to the "Find" feature of PDF. Only after I have exhausted that, will I risk my wrists again.

She is a beauty, ain't she?

Roberto

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Agreed, it's tough to digest everything that's in the intro doc at once; even more so to remember each and every detail mentioned there.

But the search box of your pdf viewer works miracles.

I got my wrist slapped by Kyle yesterday (still stings).
And he was very right to do it.

Sorry - wasn't meant to be too abrupt. At the same time, a lot of the issues that keep popping up could be answered by the Intro Manual (as you've noted here - thank you). Some of those issues are also vaguely alluded to as problems with the aircraft, which is very frustrating to see (particularly when it keeps popping up and we went through the effort to explain it in the docs).

Such is life, I guess!