Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

I know this is stupid

After problems with P3D (probably caused by too many upgrades), I did an uninstall and fresh full install of the latest version and the Queen.

So when loading up the Queen 2 things were different. The good: no VAS leak!, the confounding: putting the cursor over any of the popup windows does not pop them up, instead-it turns them on and off. Even the click spot for the radios no longer works.

Went through the intro manual again and found nothing on this.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks.

Dan Cole

Dan,

Remember that you must install the SimConnect files any time you reinstall P3D. While the 747's installer didn't come with the readme file with the SimConnect instructions, the 737 and 777 did (if you have them), or our support site has it at the bottom left of the Knowledge Base page (click on the link in my sig > Knowledge Base > and then there's a link for "aircraft loads dead" at the bottom left - I'd post a link, but the comp at the day job won't let me).

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Dan,

do you have ezdok camera installed and in use?

Bye, chris

Nope

Dan,

Remember that you must install the SimConnect files any time you reinstall P3D. While the 747's installer didn't come with the readme file with the SimConnect instructions, the 737 and 777 did (if you have them), or our support site has it at the bottom left of the Knowledge Base page (click on the link in my sig > Knowledge Base > and then there's a link for "aircraft loads dead" at the bottom left - I'd post a link, but the comp at the day job won't let me).

I think I understand. So the simconnect files are necessary to have the mouse popup the windows? Who knew? I have the 777 and 737, but haven't re-installed them yet.

BTW, I thought AS16 installed those files as well. Pardon my ignorance on this and other subjects.

Dan Cole

Dan,

It might install one, but it may not be the one we use.

And the SimConnect files are required in order to interact with the VC in general. A pop-up is a click spot, just like the switches. The only difference is that it doesn't move/press a switch - it pops up a 2D panel.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah I understand more now after doing a little research.

And yeah I do own the 747, 737 and 777 for both P3D and FSX. In fact I uninstalled the 747 and installed both the other two into P3D and same problem.

My issue, which is apparently a P3d problem is that when I try to execute the 3 msi files. nothing really happens. I get a quick flash and nothing seems to install. In fact, nothing shows up in Programs and Features either.

Oh yeah, on these reinstalls of the PMDG aircraft, upon launch, I'm not being asked for my activation key.

Dan Cole

Running those installers as an admin? They should show up in Add/Remove Programs if they install correctly (and they aren't large installers, so they do run pretty quickly).

Kyle Rodgers

Well I run everything as an admin. UAC is disabled. Properties/security tab on the msi's are set correctly. As they are msi files there's no specific right click, run as admin, option, but I think this is correct:  "They should show up in Add/Remove Programs if they install correctly" and they don't.

Guess I'll try an uninstall/reinstall of P3D and pursue this in their forum.

Thanks.

Dan Cole