Sign in to follow this  
Flyinggok

P3D - crashing after 4-5 hours with PMDG

2 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Like I've posted elsewhere, seems others are having this ntdll issue with PMDG aircraft only on long haul type flights. No clue how to solve it as I fly nothing but PMDG flights. They, for me, occur well away from any 3rd party scenery, etc... usually over open ocean or northern Canada as I am doing my typical Atlantic crossing flights. Sooo frustrating 

Eric... correlation is not the same as causation.  Even if it only happened with PMDG aircraft that doesn't mean the PMDG product is causing it.  It could just be the PMDG modules are putting the system under more load than other aircraft.  Causation is hard to nail down sometimes.  I is impossible if you are not willing to look at all possibilities.  For example, the left DU 2D popup took about two weeks of a couple of guys working together on the LM forum to isolate the sequence that triggers the event.  Once we determined it was triggered by the popup we could not point the finger to any PMDG code that was causing it because all popups use the same code and none of them trigger the problem.  The cause of the event remains unknown to this day.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 minutes ago, downscc said:

Eric... correlation is not the same as causation.  Even if it only happened with PMDG aircraft that doesn't mean the PMDG product is causing it.  It could just be the PMDG modules are putting the system under more load than other aircraft.  Causation is hard to nail down sometimes.  I is impossible if you are not willing to look at all possibilities.  For example, the left DU 2D popup took about two weeks of a couple of guys working together on the LM forum to isolate the sequence that triggers the event.  Once we determined it was triggered by the popup we could not point the finger to any PMDG code that was causing it because all popups use the same code and none of them trigger the problem.  The cause of the event remains unknown to this day.

All three times this happened to me was flying westbound from Europe to North America. Flying eastbound, for even longer time, no issues. So odd. I have took out my affinity mask setting and going to see if that makes a difference when I try the same flight tomorrow. Start with one thing at a time. 

Eric 

Do you have Vector? Approaching N Canada there is a lot of vector activity. I used to turn off small streams because that would drive VAS through the roof in N Canada but with 64b I haven't bothered.

Dan Downs KCRP

34 minutes ago, downscc said:

Do you have Vector? Approaching N Canada there is a lot of vector activity. I used to turn off small streams because that would drive VAS through the roof in N Canada but with 64b I haven't bothered.

I do have Vector but like you with 64bit, like you who cares about VAS.

Eric 

18 hours ago, B777ER said:

I do have Vector but like you with 64bit, like you who cares about VAS.

Well try what I think is the obvious, remove Vector from the configuration to eliminate it as a possible cause for the Westbound Atlantic crash events.  Apply logic to the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP