Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

A Ezdok to Chaseplane Tale

I not asking for support, but wanted to share my experience in hopes that it might be of some help.

I decided to brush up on some taildraggers with a view to maybe compete in the upcoming round the world race. (needed a fighter so I opted for the A2A mustang ... So sweet!) Anyway, I thought I'd get the T-6 Texan and role play some training before committing to the Mustang full time.

Now, to the point: I was having real issues with control as I approached slow speeds and landing. I understand flight dynamics, but this was just too much to believe the aircraft was this squirrely in real-life. I had disabled all the effects present in Ezdok because I suspected this was the cause.

I've been wanting Chaseplane but wanted to wait till at least a beta release. After listening to Fruggle proselytize the virtues of Chaseplane I pulled the trigger today.

First thing I tried was flying the Texan again with Chaseplane instead of Ezdok. I did some pattern work and sure enough. Ezdok was not playing nice with this A2A aircraft. What a difference. Flying the Texan was all I had hoped it could be. Nice work by A2A as usual.

I'm not here to bash or praise any product. Just wanted to share my experience in this particular case as others may be having similar issues with unexplained squirelyness.

This is using Ezdok 2.x and Chaseplane 0.1698 Alpha.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's great to read this kind of feedback!

The countless hours we've put into this project are stating to transpire into a complete product at this point. We are really happy with the results so far and comments like those are very motivating!

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Keven