Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

FTX N Germany default airports - pretty good1!

Have been flying around the new FTX N Germany region landing at various VFR airports. Just to note that many of the region default airports are quite good. EDLI Bielefeld for example, Just landed there and it is close to the quality of a dedicated payware airport. I checked the airport with Google Earth views of the area, and it is an accurate representation - including the trees obscuring the approach to RWY 11.

Anyone else flying the region discovered interesting default airports?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's a beautiful scenery by ORBX, I recommend flying over Eggebek (ETME), it is now filled with solar panels and not used as an airbase any longer.

Bisperode is basically a pasture on the side of a hill. What I like about it is that ORBX modeled it as a "sloped runway". Landings are fun there.

Yes the upgraded default airports are very good. However, I hope that ORBX are currently working on some of their own airports for the region, as they have for the other regions. I own several of their airports in the UK, and US West Coast regions, and they are superb. Need the same for Germany.