Sign in to follow this  
Jim610

Ctrl-Shift-F12

Every time I press Ctrl-Shift-F12 to call up the GSX menu, Chaseplane jumps the view to under the aircraft, but looking through the structure, and takes a screen shot.

How do I stop this annoying behaviour as I cannot find any settings for it to change?

Regards

Jim Mclean

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

I believe GSX default is just Ctrl+F12, not Ctrl+Shift+F12. Try that. No need for the shift-button unless you've changed it.

Shift+F12 probably has some other fuction, maybe a camera, and if you're using FSX:SE the steam overlay screenshot function is connected to F12 (I think).

Andre

Go into GSX in game and you can make the pop up any key you like mine is just F12 but go through all your keys in P3D to make sure nothing else users F12 or what ever you choose.

TrackIR users F12 also I think as a default.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I believe GSX default is just Ctrl+F12, not Ctrl+Shift+F12. Try that. No need for the shift-button unless you've changed it.

Shift+F12 probably has some other fuction, maybe a camera, and if you're using FSX:SE the steam overlay screenshot function is connected to F12 (I think).

Andre

Are you sure?

GSX_zps4zbttlak.jpg

Go into GSX in game and you can make the pop up any key you like mine is just F12 but go through all your keys in P3D to make sure nothing else users F12 or what ever you choose.

TrackIR users F12 also I think as a default.

How do you do this, I can't find anything in the settings.

Jim

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Are you sure?

GSX_zps4zbttlak.jpg

Hehe....I must've changed mine at some point and then forgot about it :-) 

I can't find any way to change it.

Jim

Ok guys

I stumbled across the way to change the default so problem gone away. It wasn't in the GSX menus it was in the Couatl menus. 

Looking at the GSX manual, depending on where you look it talks about the default being Ctrl-Shift-F12 and another loacation refers to the default as Ctrl-F12.  Winner!

Anyway, sorted now, thanks for ypour help.

Jim