rightseat

Mu-2 Pilot Textures

Would any of you fine fellows or ladies be willing to repaint the pilot textures for the MU-2, so that we can have civilian (owner-operator)-looking pilots, instead of these uniformed corporate pilots?

No complaints here about the model; I am in love with both my Lear and Mu-2, but would really, really appreciate new pilot clothes textures for the Mu-2.

It could even be just for the default paint schemes, and that would tickle me pink.

Many thanks for all who read and consider painting.

All the best,

Scott

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Am I asking for something that's not allowed, or is no one interested?

;-)

Best,

Scott

Or nobody did this yet.

It is basically just a repaint, so it is as allowed as publishing other repaints.

Maybe you can try it yourself? Use DXTBmp to extract the pilot textures

(files Pilot.bmp and Pilot2.bmp in SimObjects/Airplanes/FLYSIM Mitsubishi MU 2B 60/texture/)

then use gimp or something else do give them a colorful shirt, and use DXTBmp again to convert the images back to something your flight sim accepts.

Great idea, but as a full-time law student, I struggle to have the mental energy or patience left over to try anything difficult and new at the moment. I appreciate the suggestion and word that it is allowed. Some payware folks don't allow certain textures to be repaints, so I thought maybe that was it.

Thanks,

Scott

This is Still a work in progress but here is what my Photoshop Guru came up with, I was thinking the same as you were that there needs to be a owner flying his plane on a business trip, there is still 

some shading that needs to be done and then it will look just like me flying my MU-2 . 

-2017-feb-27-001_Fotor.jpg

• Upvote 1

Very cool! I look forward to the end result! Thanks for giving it a go.

:-)