Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Both 737 and 747 Crash After Takeoff

After the most current beta 11 update, I have had crashes with both the 737 and 747 approximately 2-3 minutes after takeoff. First I thought I had run out of fuel but tanks were 50% full. No warning lights or programmed malfunctions noted. Even tried to clear any possible malfunction prior to takeoff. 

The first indication of impending crash is that there is a medium to high frequency warbling sound that lasts for about 30 seconds. At the end of that time, the instrument panels go blank, the engines stop and a message box in the upper right corner of the monitor says you have crashed even though at that time you are still flying. It says do you want to continue or to restart.. If you continue, you will finally crash for real and then have to rest the sim.  Special note, this does not seem to effect the MD-80 and the Cessna 172 which were the only two other  aircraft I have tried to replicate this in.

Is this some sort of random program failure similar to the bird strikes on landing/takeoff? If so, it is not very realistic and if it is a beta bug, lets get rid of it.

Terry

If you believe this is a bug and want it to get addressed, please file a bug report with Laminar and include detailed descriptions of how to re-create the problem.

I am not sure this is a bug. I had two F-4 a.i. aircraft running in the background with the combat box checked. I might have gotten shot down as when I removed the aircraft and turned off the combat, the crashes stopped.. To verified this theory, I turned them back on but the a.i. aircraft both landed so nothing happened.

Terry