FlightSim1234

Clouds left behind aircraft

Recommended Posts

I have tried a few different real world weather engines for FSX, and they inject the weather perfectly, but after about 15-20 minutes of flying, I reach the edge of the clouds and from then on, even as the weather updates, the sky remains completely clear. As this happens with several weather engines, I suspect it is an issue with my FSX in some way, but cannot track the problem down. I would appreciate it if you could advise on any settings or other changes I could make that may possibly fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 minutes ago, FlgihtSim123 said:

I have tried a few different real world weather engines for FSX, and they inject the weather perfectly, but after about 15-20 minutes of flying, I reach the edge of the clouds and from then on, even as the weather updates, the sky remains completely clear. As this happens with several weather engines, I suspect it is an issue with my FSX in some way, but cannot track the problem down. I would appreciate it if you could advise on any settings or other changes I could make that may possibly fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

Do you see this with the FS default weather?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vonmar - Thanks for your reply, I am starting FSX now and will test this, I will get back to you as soon as I have tested it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Do you see this with the FS default weather?

Yes this does happen with default weather as well. Sorry for taking a little while to test it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FlgihtSim123 said:

Yes this does happen with default weather as well. Sorry for taking a little while to test it.

What are your Weather Display Options in FSX?

Options/Settings/Display/Weather tab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

What are your Weather Display Options in FSX?

Options/Settings/Display/Weather tab.

Cloud draw - slider all the way to the right

Deatailed clouds checked, cloud coverage maximum

thermal visualisation - none

download winds aloft unticked

disable turbulence unticked

rate at which weather changes over time - no change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me the default FSX weather data you use for the test.

A flight (situation) departure airport / heading / time of day  / altitude to fly / time to fly the heading/route to see the problem.

 

I will do the same test an see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vonmar said:

Give me weather data you use for the test.

A flight (situation) departure airport / heading / time of day  / altitude to fly / time to fly the heading/route to see the problem.

 

I will do the same test an see what happens.

This happens at any airports, any time, any route.

The test I just did though was with 'Major Thunderstorm' - taking off from Sandown (EGHN) and I took off at runway direction - 047. I was climbing at about 2000ft/min and the cloud started to turn clear at about 12000ft, so about 6 minutes. I set the time to the current time in the UK, so around 17:30 when I tested it.

Thank you for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cloud draw - slider all the way to the right ...  
mine * 90mi

Deatailed clouds checked, cloud coverage maximum
mine * same

thermal visualisation - none
mine * same

download winds aloft unticked
mine checked

disable turbulence unticked  
mine checked

rate at which weather changes over time - no change
mine * same

Climbing thru 19600 almost on top of storm with more Wx above

196000-ontop_zpsx1akzxi4.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is nothing like mine - I have clear sky below and above the aircraft, just some clouds behind the aircraft.

I will try again with your settings and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" As this happens with several weather engines, I suspect it is an issue with my FSX in some way, "

Maybe your other Wx engines ... have you posted on their forums?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vonmar said:

" As this happens with several weather engines, I suspect it is an issue with my FSX in some way, "

Maybe your other Wx engines ... have you posted on their forums?

 

I have posted on their forums, but surely it must be an FSX issue, as it is happening with the default weather as well - even when the other weather engines are disabled. If it isn't the weather settings, do you know of any other possible causes of the issue?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FlgihtSim123 said:

I have posted on their forums, but surely it must be an FSX issue, as it is happening with the default weather as well - even when the other weather engines are disabled. If it isn't the weather settings, do you know of any other possible causes of the issue?

 

Which other Wx engines?

My initial thought was they could have "changed" something.

 

Maybe you need a fresh install of FSX (FSX SP2 / FSX Accel / FSX Steam?) and test in a default state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now