Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Lost forum flags

In the old forum we had the possibility of adding a tiny flag of any specific country. I used this in my signature, where I displayed both the Colombian and Argentinean flags. The flags were hosted at the following URLs:

Colombia:

http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_images/flags/co.png

Argentina:

http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_images/flags/ar.png

I guess that, for other countries, you had just to change the 2-letter country code at the end. As you may see in my signature, these flags are not available anymore. Can them be brought back?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Luis,

The site is still being updated with links, images, posts, topics, etc.  The images of the flag may show up someday soon and the link will work.  So, leave it in your signature and hopefully it will show up soon.  BTW, did you just edit your signature or is the a carryover from the our old site?  As far as I know, the signature cannot be edited yet but have passed it on to the upgrade team.

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you very much, Jim. Do you have an estimate? I ask this because I understand there may be other issues with higher priority, and (now that I can edit my signature) I may be able to add flags from another source in the meantime.

The system has just completed about 41% of rebuilding posts.  After that, it goes to images and other things belonging on a large site like AVSIMS.  Could be quite a while.  So think your option of getting a flag from another Source might be the best solution.

Best regards,

Jim