Sign in to follow this  
NicXGG

Loading Air, Land and Sea Traffic.....Crash

Evening flyers,

I have recently encountered a problem whereby my simulator is freezing while intermittently loading air, land and sea traffic every 5-10 mins during flight. The reload takes place with no simulation increase (or on a rare occasion a x2 increase) and is becoming slightly annoying. Some flights will pass by where the intermittent loading will take place and there will be no crash...

I have read up on various solutions however, none of them appear to be the cause for me. FSUIPC's sync time is disabled. I use UT2 (recently installed but problems occurred before this). I do use FSRealtime and to be honest I really don't understand how it works. I start my simulator, connect and then select 'Start Autoupdate'. My version of the manual doesnt seem to work either so I cant read up on it.

Within my sim I have (just now) turned all the traffic sliders to 0% as UT2 uses simconnect to inject the traffic if I am not mistaken? I am assuming that I wouldn't need the sliders set in FSX?

Any help would be appriciated:)

The AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) provides guidance for submitting an AppCrashView or EventViewer report (page 7).  Once you know what the Faulting Module is, you can look it up in the AVSIM CTD Guide and it will provide suggestions for fixing it (the solutions have worked for others).  Deleting or renaming your fsx.cfg and then restarting and letting the sim rebuild fixes most problems.  Many have had problems with FSRealTime.   Do not know why as I do not have the program or never used it.  I would suspect this is most likely the issue.  You might want to ask in the FSX Forums how to use this utility.  Others might have gotten it to work.

In the fsx.cfg, the traffic setting sets the amount of AI traffic.  No traffic should exist if you have set it to 0.  UT2 interacts with FSX and makes modifications to your config if you set the traffic in the UT2 utility.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for the advice.

I have already done a rebuild on the CFG and this didn't solve the problem so I am guessing it is a setting somewhere in Realtime.

I will have a look

Nick

Let us know if you find the solution.  Could help others.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My solution to this was to use the FSRealtime option 'Set to Now' once the simulator had loaded. This resulted in no loading mid flight and smoothed performance. 

Hey!  Thanks for letting us know the solution!  I may have to add this in the AVSIM CTD Guide as a few others have had this issue too with FSRealTime.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM