Sign in to follow this  
JRCZ97

FPS Severly Dropping on Takeoff & Landing

Hi all,

I have been having this issue for quite some time, have tried multiple tweaks, such as bufferpools, affinitymask and the like, etc. On takeoff and landing, seems to happen every so often my frams drop from stable 30fps to 10fps then assing a certain altitude/distance from the airport it climbs back up to 30 again. I am currently running an AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz processor with a water cooling unit on it so its keeping at about 30C, I am currently using a Nvidia GT 545 3GB graphcis card, I did have a R9 270X in the system but due to some shader/driver issues I have gone back to the GT 545 for now. On both cards I have experienced this issue. I did use AMD's Clean uninstall utility to ensure that all of the AMD graphics card drivers we're removed properly. I also run ORBX Global, however it did this issue prior to insalling this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

JRCZ97

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+545

That graphics could be the bottle neck. FSX is cpu bound but the graphics card still matters. It's also commonly accepted that AMD isn't the best for FSX. I don't think there's a way to tweak this out if you've already tried bufferpools etc. Lowering settings in FSX if they're high is probably what you need. 

When landing and taking off there's a lot going on. Texture loading, autogen loading, more winds to compute, more traffic etc... That's why you see performance issues there rather than in cruise at FL350

Andre

Activesky and other type wx programs might be downloading or injecting at that time. I check the "prohibit downloads on approach"

Also maybe your lod radius is too high or you have too much autogen in the distance. Could be a fiber frame number if you have that tweak. fsx is so complicated becauses you have to use use many addons to make it realistic and run better it takes an encyclopedia to remember it all. 

Thanks for the help guys.

Going into a bit further, my settings are on very low, I have no antialising on externally or internally, I seem to have also eliminated autogen being the issue as it still does it even with autogen at none. I'm now starting to think its a texture/scenery issue? Maybe somethings corrupt somewhere?

I am running FSX Steam Edition would there be anyway of checking if anything is corrupt or out of place?

I am also looking at buying a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti card at somepoint this week, would that help at all?

Cheers