Sign in to follow this  
Kaashaas

Problem programming Engine Start Levers *Solved Partially*

Hi guys,

Since google and a forum search on AVSim doesn't bring me further I'd like to ask a question in this forum.
I got myself a Saitek Throttle Quadrant and I'm trying to program it. Beneath the three levers there are buttons.

I use the left and center levers for throttle #1 and #2.
Now I would like to assign the buttons below the levers to the Engine Start Levers via FSUIPC.

What action do I have to bind to these buttons? PMDG doesn't use the standard FSX:SE actions, but I can't find
a list or an overview of which FSX-actions PMDG use for which lever or knob.

There is one linke to a Google-drive document, but it's dead.

Anyone got an idea? Thanks in advance for your input!

Grtz.,
Hans

Hi guys,

I found a solution for my specific problem. It's in a topic linked below.

Then again, I would also like to program my Saitek Switch Panel to match the PMDG functions so still need an overview of which functions are assigned to the buttons and knobs
in the PMDG 737NGX. Tips on an overview are still welcom!

Grtz.,

Hans

I really do not understand why people do not utilize the supplied PMDG SDK. Every button and switch which can be used on the 737NGX is in there. It is so simple to use and doesn't require LINDA or LUA , just plain simple FSUIPC.

I have got rid of my Saitek throttles and now use the Virtual Fly TQ6, which has no switches. Have made a separate panel along side the TQ, and have wired the required switches into it.

In the SDK, find EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START LEVER     The event number is 70320

EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG2_START LEVER        "       "         "        "  70321

The parameters are 0 and 1

Provided that your Saitek switches trigger a button in FSUIPC you will be good to go.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,