I have P3D installed in C:\Prepar3D rather than in the default folder.  There are too many permission errors if I put it in the default folder.  The problem is that ASN can't connect with P3D since it is looking only in the default folder C:\Program Files(X86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D.  Is there any way to make FSN look for the folder where I have P3D loaded? 

Open ASN, click on the settings tab at the top, go to the General Options heading on the left, and click the arrow to expand.  Now, go to the simulator install folder entry and then click on the path entry it has so you can change it to where your P3D is installed.  I would also check the simulator application data folder entry and Common Data Export Path as well, change if needed.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Jimm

Thanks for the quick reply.  But a bit of a problem.  ASN is set up to look for P3D in c:\Prepar3D, which is where I have it.  However, when it tries to install Simconnect, it creates an folder in c:\Program Files(x86) and puts things there.  I've tried deleting this folder, but it just creates another one.  The files it installs there are a folder as_srv, and 3 files, unins000.msg, unins000.dat and unins000.exe.  Can I just move these to the correct folder, probably not. 

Also, with P3D in c:\prepar3d, what would be the correct locations for the other two folders, simulation application data folder and Common Data Export Path?   

Thanks again

Mike

Ah, I answered my own question.  I moved those 4 things to the proper folder and no more error messages.  Thanks for your help.

Mike

Good, glad to hear it all worked out for you.  In the future, try to take installs a little slower.  Some applications aren't as intuitive (knowing where you put things outside of the default), so it can cause problems. :cool:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit