Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG OC - 747v3 Update - Error Message

Just updated the OC version.

When that completed I clicked on the update for the 747v3 - however, I keep receiving the following error message:

"The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Of course I googled the dll file, and the common factor is related to Visual C++.

However, I'm fairly certain my PC is up to date.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

6 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

However, I'm fairly certain my PC is up to date.

Your computer is reporting that it is not.

You can either install it from here, or make sure you don't click Cancel when our installers attempt to install them (that extra installer that pops up near the end of installing our aircraft).

Kyle Rodgers

I had the same problem. I downloaded the missing file and ran both the 32bit and 64bit as a repair - still failed. I then downloaded the full packages, as per the above connection listed by Kyle. This time no error message. A command prompt box opened. What would normally take a few seconds took 30 minutes! The update worked, but believe there must be a problem with the update file.

Peter Malyn

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Your computer is reporting that it is not.

You can either install it from here, or make sure you don't click Cancel when our installers attempt to install them (that extra installer that pops up near the end of installing our aircraft).

Kyle,

my pc hasn't requested this dll file as part of any installation since I can remember - and my memory still serves me well for an old timer :cool:.

Ergo, I'm assuming this file requirement is part of this particular PMDG update - hence my comment regarding my pc being up to date - just for clarification. 

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers