markcellis

co-pilot not reporting descending altitude properly

This might be a limitation or a bug, Dave, let me know what you think.

I was flying the Challenger 300 in X-Plane using the FMC for VNAV on a star into Toronto Pearson. I had requested an en-route decent from ATC at the TOD point and clearance was granted. I activated VNAV and shortly after TOD the FMC started a decent based on the flight plan. As I continued toward Toronto ATC handed me off to various new centers. I have Pilot2ATC setup to have the co-pilot manage the radios and responses. After the frequency change the co-pilot would say, <center><Viper 626>descending to feet. What was missing was the current target altitude for the decent. As an example, if the VNAV on the FMC was heading down to flight level 200 I would have expected the co-pilot to say <center><viper 626> Descending to flight 200.

The other problem with this is the voice recognition to does recognize the response with just "feet" so I have to repeat the proper response.

So I'm not sure if this is a limitation where Pilot2ATC has no idea what the target FMC VNAV altitude is. It shows up properly on the altitude tape on the PFD so I would think it should be able to get it.

Mark 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

P2A ATC does not look at target VNAV altitudes, that would be cheating.

However, this is a bug in the Enroute Descent logic which was only just added a couple of updates ago.  Should be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for finding this bug.

Dave