Sign in to follow this  
Voxel

(Help) Centre joystick does not go straight

Hello, I recently got myself a joystick and other than this issue, it works great. The issue is that while having the joystick centered (not holding it) the aircrafts in FSX either increase or decrease altitude and does not aim straight, as it obviously should. I've read online that I need to change my trim, but where do I do that? Another concern I have is that the aim is different depending on the aircraft. Centered joystick in a Bombardier = Heavy increase Boeing = Light decrease, so will changing the trim fix it for all of them or just one?

Please help if you can, and please tell me if you have any other solution than changing the trim, I have found some sort of trim-changer in settings but it makes no difference.

Not very many aircraft will fly straight and level when you release the stick.  Does your car travel nicely down the road for any length of time if you let go of the steering wheel?  Trim wheels are usually on the throttle/thrust-lever console.  You can also do trim adjustments through your keyboard.  Fuel load and passenger load all affect the trim and balance of your aircraft. Unless you are ready to make constant trim changes to your aircraft on a long flight, learn how to use your autopilot.  With the autopilot on, watch the trim wheels in action.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 2017-03-14 at 6:00 PM, charliearon said:

Not very many aircraft will fly straight and level when you release the stick.  Does your car travel nicely down the road for any length of time if you let go of the steering wheel?  Trim wheels are usually on the throttle/thrust-lever console.  You can also do trim adjustments through your keyboard.  Fuel load and passenger load all affect the trim and balance of your aircraft. Unless you are ready to make constant trim changes to your aircraft on a long flight, learn how to use your autopilot.  With the autopilot on, watch the trim wheels in action.

First of all, I have a PPL, you don't have to give examples of cars. Second of all, what I mean is that that while holding the joystick in the middle, the joystick in-game is either pulled backwards or forwards, (in Bombardier planes it pushes it so far backwards that I can't aim downwards even if I push the joystick as far forward as I can). Third of all, from which keys do I change the trim? I have had 2 previous joysticks, one of which had some huge issues, but neither of them did this.  I should mention that in a Cessna or Airbus, the joystick is completely centered.

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎15 at 8:34 PM, Voxel said:

First of all, I have a PPL, you don't have to give examples of cars. Second of all, what I mean is that that while holding the joystick in the middle, the joystick in-game is either pulled backwards or forwards, (in Bombardier planes it pushes it so far backwards that I can't aim downwards even if I push the joystick as far forward as I can). Third of all, from which keys do I change the trim? I have had 2 previous joysticks, one of which had some huge issues, but neither of them did this.  I should mention that in a Cessna or Airbus, the joystick is completely centered.

Hello Voxel!

Are You familiar with how to calibrate Your stick within Windows?