rsperge

auto-pilot not connecting

the auto-pilot for some reason Is not connecting  I go to simulations and realistic ap engagement I click off.  Stays on for about 5 seconds or so and then disconnects.  What am I missing here to get the auto-pilot to work in this tremendous plane!!!

thanks,

Ronny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

Usually autopilot automatic disengagement occurs when you move the controls. It may be you touching your hardwares (joystick, rudder pedals) or your hardware sending spikes. 

You may try to temporarily disconnect your joystick to see if the AP stil disconnects. If it doesn't, then try either to increase the null zones in the options of the CDU, or the dead zones in the settings of the sim or in fsuipc whichever is used to configure your hardware.

Hi,

Can you state what you have tried?

And what is the situation of the aircraft when you engage the autopilot and when it disconnects?

(Which phase of the flight, MCP modes armed, what is displayed on the FMA and PFD, message on the EICAS...aircraft correctly trimmed, position of yoke an rudder)

Give us more details to be able to have a good picture of the situation.

auto pilot stays on a few seconds and goes off, happens t any time of flight.  I have several addons and no problem with auto pilot, PMDG 737ngx 600,700,800,900,777/200and 300, coolsky dc-9, captain sim  707, 727-100,200, l-1011 realair, Lancaster, duke v2 turbine, and etc.

I am using ch yoke which   I have had many years, never any problems.

Using windows 10 3770k 780gtx just don't know what to do. I even did a uninstall reinstall

Usiing fsx gold edition.

How is configured your ch yoke? FSX, fsuipc?

What do you use for weather injection?

By the way, PMDG requires to sign all the posts with full names - first and last (forum rules).