Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

QOTS2 diverging oscillation of autothrottle.

Good day. Do any users experience oscillation of the auto throttle during idle descent?

Set-up is autothrottle, LNAV & VNAV armed and hardware throttles to idle. The engines oscillate from idle to almost full throttle during the descent and eventually settle out before touch down. I use ASN and was under the assumption this was weather related but it occurs during calm conditions as well. I'm not sure whether this is a normal response but on the same route I do not experience this with the 737 or 777.

Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

15 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Set-up is autothrottle, LNAV & VNAV armed and hardware throttles to idle. The engines oscillate from idle to almost full throttle during the descent and eventually settle out before touch down. I use ASN and was under the assumption this was weather related but it occurs during calm conditions as well. I'm not sure whether this is a normal response but on the same route I do not experience this with the 737 or 777.

Fly without ASN or any other add-on running while you're flying the 744. Does it do it?

I've yet to see a report like this, so my bet here is that it's an external program. EZDok has caused quite a number of issues with its "camera effects" in its latest version. If you have it, turn them off.

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Fly without ASN or any other add-on running while you're flying the 744. Does it do it?

I've yet to see a report like this, so my bet here is that it's an external program. EZDok has caused quite a number of issues with its "camera effects" in its latest version. If you have it, turn them off.

Thanks for the reply. It's not a huge issue. Was just curious. I don't have EZDok installed. When I get the chance I will try without ASN and report back!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

No problems for me with AS16, Q2 just runs perfect for me. Thrown ezdok away long time ago, junk. Instead I use OpusFSIs cameras.

Per W Sweden