Sign in to follow this  
Xiropillo

Aircraft original equipment restore via FMS

Recommended Posts

Good afternoon,

Reading forum, introduction manual and watching videos in YouTube but can't find the solution.

As far as I know, after changing options for a registration via FMS, clicking "Restore Original" would reset all changes to default. It doesn't work for me.

For example, I change MCP type to Collins when the default for KLM is Honeywell and after restoring, Collins stays there unless I delete livery and reinstall via OP Center.

It happens with all the changes made. It seems that the original cfg file is not restored.

Thanks very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

See page 72 of the NGX Introduction Manual to see if this would apply in your case - "Using a fixed definition file for all flights."  If that doesn't apply I would submit a ticket to PMDG support at - http://support.precisionmanuals.com. I don't think you will receive much help at this forum. I believe if you use the restore original command after changes have been made to an aircraft the aircraft is going to be original and no further changes can be made to it. No one wants to experiment when results are going to be permanent. I know I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pcubine said:

I believe if you use the restore original command after changes have been made to an aircraft the aircraft is going to be original and no further changes can be made to it. No one wants to experiment when results are going to be permanent. I know I don't.

I don't understand exactly what you mean but it only resets original cfg file when deleting livery and reinstalling again. I prefer using only real equipped liveries better than fictitious ones. In that case I would use PMDG livery and "build" my own settings.

One thing I thought about OP center by PMDG is that they would update liveries or add new ones but no change there for years.

In fact, I have seen several YouTube videos of KLM real cockpit and the most of them are equipped with new Collins MCP. I would like to have an updated KLM livery (the new one) with real equipment. Any idea of actual configuration?

Thanks very much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this procedure. Open the windows start menu windows explorer and copy and paste the following bold text into the search window and hit return key

%appdata%\microsoft\fsx\simobjects\airplanes

That should open explorer at the right place.

Now scroll down to the folder containing the version of 747 you were using. Delete the state.CFG file (FSX will create a new one automatically). FSX keeps track of all reg number changes you make using state.CFG and that can conflict with PMDG's configuration files. Deleting state.CFG will reset this to the currently installed liveries.

Now reload FSX and try again to modify a configuration and restore it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

Any idea of actual configuration?

Since I don't fly the NGX in Europe I have no clue as to what KLM's configuration is. I think their livery is blue and white. How is that for starters?

You need to contact support while the NGX is still flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kevinh said:

Try this procedure. Open the windows start menu windows explorer and copy and paste the following bold text into the search window and hit return key

%appdata%\microsoft\fsx\simobjects\airplanes

That should open explorer at the right place.

Now scroll down to the folder containing the version of 747 you were using. Delete the state.CFG file (FSX will create a new one automatically). FSX keeps track of all reg number changes you make using state.CFG and that can conflict with PMDG's configuration files. Deleting state.CFG will reset this to the currently installed liveries.

Now reload FSX and try again to modify a configuration and restore it again.

Nothing, not working. I will send a ticket to support. Thanks anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pcubine said:

Since I don't fly the NGX in Europe I have no clue as to what KLM's configuration is. I think their livery is blue and white. How is that for starters?

You need to contact support while the NGX is still flying.

Thanks. I will contact them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this