Sign in to follow this  

New PC Help.

Okay, this isn't 1000% related to PMDG but I do almost all of my flying in P3D with PMDG aircraft.

Okay, here is my problem: I am currently running P3D & XP10 via BootCamp (loading into windows instead of OS-X/MacOS on a Mac) on an iMac from 2013.  Let me say that the experience is less than great.  15fps on very low settings overall is pretty pathetic for a "high-end computer" (even though I am an Apple ######, I'll admit that their computers are in many ways, underpowered and very pricey) in my opinion, which is making me look for a new computer that can allow me to run FS at higher settings and more importantly, get better performance, much better performance.  I am currently looking at the Jetline Systems Gravity GT2 with a few upgraded components but I want to know if this is a good computer to go for or whether there are better options on the market that I can go for that aren't ridiculously pricey. (well $3000 is very expensive but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.)  My requirements are that the computer is capable of running X-Plane with add-on aircraft and scenery with "high" settings.  This is the same case for Prepar3D.

By "high settings" I mean that I should be able to run P3D with MSAA and AntiAliasing above minimum settings and in XP, I should be able to run the "high settings" toggle in the rendering tab.  

I essentially want a computer that is going to give me a great experience in P3D and XP, especially with PMDG products.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.

Read my post regarding a Jetline system.  I started a poopie-storm. There are 100 replies that will either tell you Jetline is great, or build your own and no need to spend $4000 on their high end system like the  idiot who started the post.  But that idiot is very happy with his Jetline system.  You can expect . 50 fps on a new system with P3D and PMDG planes with "high" settings.  PM me if you want my Jetline experience and specs.

Paul Gugliotta

1 minute ago, paulyg123 said:

Read my post regarding a Jetline system.  I started a poopie-storm. There are 100 replies that will either tell you Jetline is great, or build your own and no need to spend $4000 on their high end system like the  idiot who started the post.  But that idiot is very happy with his Jetline system.  You can expect . 50 fps on a new system with P3D and PMDG planes with "high" settings.  PM me if you want my Jetline experience and specs.

Thanks!  I Read thread that at the start but it just went on and on with people either praising or expressing their dislike for Jetline! :)

Zac,

As I see it, if we want a computer for flight sim we have a few choices.

(a) Get Jetline or similar to build you a system. (b) You create a specification and get it built, or (c) you build it. They all have money, research and time implications.

I have always gone the (b) route, only because I can not afford (a), and do not have the inclination to do (c). We all have choices depending on our outlook and finances. I see nothing wrong with any of the three choices.

As for Jetline. They obviously have great skill in putting systems together, as well as the configuration, which is at the heart of flight sim. All the best hardware in the world is no good without some one making it all sing. 

Geoff Bryce

Well you mentioned you might go up to $3,000.00.....so you could keep using your existing Apple Computer for your Apple stuff and get a pretty decent sub-$2,000.00 native Windows 10 PC that would give you the frame rates you seek.   You'll need more desk space though.

Mark Trainer