Sign in to follow this  
777-Pilot

Undock CDU Monitor

Hi all,

I am using an additional monitor to display the CDU of the NGX. When I undock the CDU and use it on my second monitor I dont have any noticable framerate impact. (I am using P3D V3)

However, I would like to have only the CDU display without the actual CDU gauge around it. As stated in multiple posts regarding this topic the only thing you gave to do is renaming "gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!CDU, 0,0,385,600,L #0" in the panel.cfg to "gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 0,0,385,600,L #0". This does indeed work - when clicking the CDU in the VC only the CDU display shows up.

I am having the following problem though: When I click on the CDU with the tweak applied (no CDU gauge, only display), my frames drop by about 30%. Without the change in the panel.cfg (the default state with the CDU gauge) my frames remain basically untouched.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this issue? The frame drop seems odd to me, since the computer basically renders the same thing without the actual CDU gauge (only display).

I am glad for any idea/advise.

Thanks!

David

hello

I do the same think as you but I have desactivated one of the 2 fmc (add // in front of a line,I don't remenber witch), If I don't do that I also have a fps drop, I didn't test the strange behaviour you speak about.

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for your help. Fortunately I found a solution. Instead of the change I posted above, just change the coordinates of the displayed CDU gauge (much like in your tutorial for the PMDG 777, Roar).

The new line should look like this: "gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!CDU, -90,-120,570,1645,L #0"

Regards

David