hello I have been using the Asus 5 way optimization software to OC my i7700k this gives me 5ghz at around temp of around 63deg with ht on,which I have stress tested for 30 mins using  real bench this is fine for now.When I first OC,d my i2600k  I came across a PC builders vid which was very detailed and went through just about all Bios setting explaining which could be shut off/left alone and which were really beneficial to the overclock stability,has anyone found a similar vid for overclocking the i7700k 

Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you're doing 5 GHz at only 63 degrees in RealBench I'm not sure you need anything more Peter, It's an awesome result. Another 100 or 200 MHz will give you almost nothing in terms of frame rate, just bragging rights. 100 MHz is only an additional 2%.

Which settings in 5WO did you set? Did you try ticking the box for "enable overclock tolerance for higher overclock result"?

Or did you simply want to learn about manual overclocking and give it a bash out of interest? 

Hello thanks for your reply,with the i7700k as far as i can remember I only altered the target cpu voltage,setting this to 1.35,i have only been playing around not sure what I was doing,so the idea of finding a video of some one who has some real knowledge of OC a i7700k on a Asus 270 MB was an attempt to teach myself before i blow something up.i monitored  the temp using real temp,i use a Noctua NHD14 and Gelid extreme thermal paste,the temp was as far as i can remember only 10 degrees or so higher than the i2600k which really amazed me,but i need to start logging my results and run realbench for a hr at least,i was thinking of deliding but feel i want to understand what is going on before acting,I will try your suggested setting to see what happens,I did manage a run at 5.1 ghz but it crashed at 5.2,so the PC set itself to 5ghz,when i first tried running the 5 way optimization it stopped reporting stability problems.I updated the bios and bingo it now stable,its all very interesting if somewhat confusing for an old guy like me,need to get my 10 yr old grandson involved LOL ,

Peter 

Wow wish my i7 7700k was as cool as yours. At idle I sit around 45C and under load its goes high 80's even on stock at 4.2. Overclocking seems to make no difference as I can run it at 4.8 and have the same temps. I have re-sat the x62 a few times and get the same results each time.