Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Checkride with the NGX?

How can the NGX be used as a checkride training tool?

P.S: I'm just an enthusiast, not a pilot...

Hello Teo, There is little to go on with the wording of your Post.  There are several real world pilots use this Forum and give the rest of us useful information as and when required.  The rest of us are Enthuseists striving to become competent pilots in terms of flight simulation and probably you might become one of us, in the meantime, its all hard work reading the PMDG Manuals and transferring that knowledge into flying the 737NGX. I think you will realise this is a time consuming exercise, where some of us pick up the knowledge quickly and become really competent at flying.  I am sticking my neck out here but I don't think there are too many who use the Checkride facility myself included, but it is there if required. This is the best I can do, its up to you how Enthusiastic you are and all the best in your efforts.

4 hours ago, teopereira said:

How can the NGX be used as a checkride training tool?

Any line pilot that has gone through a couple of recurrent checks has an understanding of how to prepare, because they've already been tested and perhaps had a learning opportunity (as I like to call them).

The rest of us can pick things from the QRH and set up the associated failure in the PMDG aircraft, then see how well you perform when stuff hits the fan.  Favorites of course include fires, engine failures, decompression, issues with the automation, etc.

Dan Downs KCRP

At Angle of Attack Training Center you'll in my upinion find the most extensive training/learning video's for learning the PMDG 737NGX that still exists with in total 3-digit of recorded hours covering all from the basics to flights into the most challenging airports in the world and situations close to every accountable failures that could appear in all phases of flight (with the proper use of both QRH and if the failure first requiring it, the use of drills by memory).

I learned a lot from subscribing to the close to 60 different videos in particular the Line Training section, and remember well real 737NG Captain Jason Sokoloff flew/demostrated several checkrides as that training progressed.

I don't directly want to broadly advertise for something that's not directly PMDG in here, but this is at least my experience and a recomendation for you to check out if you would like to find out how checkrides are flown in the real skies. And as for PMDG in this respect, it is also a wonderful demostration of how deeply, accurate and through this wonderful aircraft is simulated by them!:ha: