Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Early morning over Detroit, Mi, bound for KBOS

I don't like defeat, so after updating to Creative Update, and then with some problems, rolled back to the Anniversary Update...and due to my well...er..'bulldog' nature...I once more updated to the C.U.  I've been playing around with the Game Mode and found a couple of things.  Originally, I had turned off the Game Bar, and kept the Game Mode as ticked.  I thought that as soon as you fired up a graphics intensive call-cycle, the 'Game Mode' would sniff and kick in.  Wrong...

You need to keep the Game Bar as clicked, and call it up after you are at your game's first page, after screen resolving. You then WIN-G, call up the game bar, and tick on Use Game Mode For This Game. That's how you  know that Game Mode is acting upon your gaming session. You need to be in a Window Mode, to call up the Game Bar, and after you make your selections, under System, you can go back to your Full Screen Mode.  In XP11, with my normal settings, I have experienced a 1-2 percent FPS increase.  Sometimes it even calling it even. I do think that it also acts to smooth out the animation, as there are not W10 processes going on, that the Game Mode Monitors, and such.  Who knows, truly?  What I do know, that it has not been a negative FPS or stutter-whatever experience for me to have it engaged.

Post Edit:  Sometimes my M.O. is to snap a picture, place XP(x) in windows mode, and then have access to the internet icons on the Tray.  Well, with Game Mode engaged with XP11, I could not do that.  Chrome ran, but could not resoved my 5 windows that I have set up as standard. After watching for about a minute, with all still spin-resolving, I shut down Chrome.  I do believe that this Game Mode DOES turn off certain features, to let the CPU have more breathing room.  I turned off Game Mode, and had no problem, resolving Chrome instantly. I think that it does work.

Here we are just heading out from KFNT, and just about a few miles from downtown Detroit.  Was raining in Flint-Bishop, but cleared up almost within a few thousand feet;

Eclipse_NG_17.png

Eclipse_NG_15.png

Lovely sky colors for the sunset!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |