Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

Odd FPS drop only when looking forward

Hi all,

I'm having an odd issue with FSX Steam edition.  When I'm at cruise altitude, currently FL340 in the PMDG 737-800 (this happens in all aircraft) and have the view facing forward I get a massive drop in FPS.  If I pan the camera to look down at the instruments I get around 30 to 40 FPS, but when I pan back up it drops to around 15 FPS.  This also occurs whilst in spot view outside. if I look down just taking the horizon out of view I go back to 30 - 40 FPS but when I pan back up the hit occurs again.  I've also tried disabling weather and using clear skies as I first thought it was an issue with clouds but it makes do difference at all.  I'm using Activesky2016 with Active sky clouds if that helps with the 2k textures.  I'm really stumped why it's doing this.

My specs are:

i7 3770K @4.4

8 Gig ram

nvidia 1070 GFX card

FSX steam edition, running DX10 with steves DX10 fixer

using ORBX as scenery.

Dean Farley

I am noticing the same thing, just purchased all the Global stuff, Base, Open LC, Vector, and Trees.

My system and card  are less than yours with 4 GHZ i7, 32 GB RAM, FSX-SE, ASC 2016, GTX 750 Ti, PMDG 747-400 and 777

Are you using EZ DOC by chance, I thought it was my card, but you have a good video card...