moey124

Posting for a friend he cant access pmdg site

Recommended Posts

Hello. I have a friend who cannot access pmdg site thru his computer but he can access it thru his cell phone. He told me to post this to.the forum to ask what may cause the problem. Thanks in advance for your kind reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If he can't access the PMDG web site on his computer, it is most likely because he has installed (or attempted to install) a pirated/cracked version of a PMDG product. This is a well-known side effect.

If this is the case, your friend will need to contact PMDG support directly for instructions on how to correct the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He contacted pmdg about this he said like 8 times but no response. I was wondering if a pmdg personal can send a email to him for this issue to be resolved. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, moey124 said:

He contacted pmdg about this he said like 8 times but no response. I was wondering if a pmdg personal can send a email to him for this issue to be resolved. Thanks in advance.

I can't speak directly for PMDG, but the only way to receive support is to fill out a support request at their web site - which is going to be a problem if your friend cannot access the web site.

He would probably need to use a different computer, or his smartphone. At the very least, he would have to purchase a legitimate authorized copy of the software. PMDG would certainly not provide any support to someone who has tried to pirate their software unless they first buy and register a legitimate copy.

In any case, PMDG does not provide support by email to anyone - even legitimate customers. Support is only done through the portal on their web site.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moey124 said:

Hello. I have a friend who cannot access pmdg site thru his computer but he can access it thru his cell phone. He told me to post this to.the forum to ask what may cause the problem. Thanks in advance for your kind reply. 

This means that there's a pirated version of our product on his computer. Without his name, I won't be able to offer any support.

If he can access the support link in my signature, he can send us a ticket explaining what happened, but piracy is something we take a hard line stance on. If you're willing to provide the name, I can look into it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

This means that there's a pirated version of our product on his computer. Without his name, I won't be able to offer any support.

If he can access the support link in my signature, he can send us a ticket explaining what happened, but piracy is something we take a hard line stance on. If you're willing to provide the name, I can look into it.

Gregory mayhew thats his name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, moey124 said:

Gregory mayhew thats his name

It appears that your friend has run into issues before with us, so I'm not surprised he took the avenue that he took. All the same, piracy is a serious offense, and we will not be providing support to those who engage in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

It appears that your friend has run into issues before with us, so I'm not surprised he took the avenue that he took. All the same, piracy is a serious offense, and we will not be providing support to those who engage in it.

Is there any way he can get back onto your site? Or he is ban for life ? The reason for this mis understanding is that quote on quote from him " he got a file and never knew the piracy policy he aplologizes for any mishaps or mis understanding this has cause he is ready to purchase the product directly from pmdg" quote on quote from him. If u could give a chance cause we all make mistakes in life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moey124 said:

Is there any way he can get back onto your site?

Yes. By removing the software, and fixing the issue that it caused. That's something he'll need to do on his own.

5 minutes ago, moey124 said:

ason for this mis understanding is that quote on quote from him " he got a file and never knew the piracy policy he aplologizes for any mishaps or mis understanding this has cause he is ready to purchase the product directly from pmdg" quote on quote from him.

Sorry but no. That's like saying "hey, I saw the keys in this car, so I took it because I didn't know there was a policy on stealing cars." He's had an account with us. He knows our software is payware. If he was handed it, or he actively sought it, it's still incredibly obvious that the software he had was illegal.

7 minutes ago, moey124 said:

If u could give a chance cause we all make mistakes in life. 

If this were the first issue, that would be one thing, but that is not the case. Either way, he'd need to come to use directly to discuss the issue.

It's not us preventing him from reaching us. It's his own computer preventing him, entirely because of the damage the illegal software caused.

 

 

...moreover, he can still access AVSIM. It's not affected because it's a wholly separate address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yes. By removing the software, and fixing the issue that it caused. That's something he'll need to do on his own.

Sorry but no. That's like saying "hey, I saw the keys in this car, so I took it because I didn't know there was a policy on stealing cars." He's had an account with us. He knows our software is payware. If he was handed it, or he actively sought it, it's still incredibly obvious that the software he had was illegal.

If this were the first issue, that would be one thing, but that is not the case. Either way, he'd need to come to use directly to discuss the issue.

It's not us preventing him from reaching us. It's his own computer preventing him, entirely because of the damage the illegal software caused.

 

 

...moreover, he can still access AVSIM. It's not affected because it's a wholly separate address.

Can i tell him to PM u direclty on this forum on avsim and discuss this whole situation.  Please confirm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yes. By removing the software, and fixing the issue that it caused. That's something he'll need to do on his own.

Sorry but no. That's like saying "hey, I saw the keys in this car, so I took it because I didn't know there was a policy on stealing cars." He's had an account with us. He knows our software is payware. If he was handed it, or he actively sought it, it's still incredibly obvious that the software he had was illegal.

If this were the first issue, that would be one thing, but that is not the case. Either way, he'd need to come to use directly to discuss the issue.

It's not us preventing him from reaching us. It's his own computer preventing him, entirely because of the damage the illegal software caused.

 

 

...moreover, he can still access AVSIM. It's not affected because it's a wholly separate address.

Hey.. please look out for a PM message from him he is doing it now. Thanks alot for your time and understanding i hope your discussion works out as i said before we all make mistakes. God bless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now