Sky Prince

FINALLY! But, I've got questions...

Recommended Posts

I think maybe my days have just been too short. All along I have been looking for information explicitly reciting b748i being the expansion of B747v3.

Robert Randazzo made mention of this in some statement a while back.

I have no choice. I might as well consider purchasing and start familiarising myself with the new up to date features if I ever hope to quickly grasp the 'newly' dynamics of the b748i when it arrives. I have also been told (though not with strong enough evidence) that the b748i should reflect the real world features of the VC, functionality, etc. I am hoping this will be so.

1. Has anyone tried flying the b747v3 with FsPassengers?

1a. Yes - I know it works.  

1b. No - What are the chances that it will not work?

2. Is it true that the b747v3 consumes less space, thus increasing performance (more FPS)?

3. How easy is the installation process?

4. Will there be any confliction between v2 and v3 on a single gaming laptop? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A. Don't know.

B. It's what I've heard, but I don't have anything to compare it to, as the Boeing 747-400 V3 is the only aircraft add-on I have for FSX. The only other PMDG add-on I own is the Boeing 747-400 V1 for FS9, so obviously cannot compare the two.

C. You just run the installer and it does it on its own from there. Couple things to note, though. If you already have previous PMDG add-ons for FSX, you'll want to move the navigation data and the SIDSTARS folder (which is also part of the navigation data) somewhere else. The Boeing 747-400 V3 has a more updated navigation data, as it was released with 1702. It will NOT install the navigation data if it detects an older set available. If you happen to already have something newer than that (1703 or 1704 at the time of typing), disregard that step. Also, there has been an update since the release, so once you install the Boeing 747-400, run the Operations Center to get the update. This is presently the only way to get the update.

D. There shouldn't be. Two completely different software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

A. Don't know.

B. It's what I've heard, but I don't have anything to compare it to, as the Boeing 747-400 V3 is the only aircraft add-on I have for FSX. The only other PMDG add-on I own is the Boeing 747-400 V1 for FS9, so obviously cannot compare the two.

C. You just run the installer and it does it on its own from there. Couple things to note, though. If you already have previous PMDG add-ons for FSX, you'll want to move the navigation data and the SIDSTARS folder (which is also part of the navigation data) somewhere else. The Boeing 747-400 V3 has a more updated navigation data, as it was released with 1702. It will NOT install the navigation data if it detects an older set available. If you happen to already have something newer than that (1703 or 1704 at the time of typing), disregard that step. Also, there has been an update since the release, so once you install the Boeing 747-400, run the Operations Center to get the update. This is presently the only way to get the update.

D. There shouldn't be. Two completely different software.

Thank you! 

Also, what's with that wing droop? Is it not too pronounced? It looks... ... wrong. Or, is it me? But, looking at the real world aircraft, the wing droop is not even by that much.

I want to be sure about a lot of things before purchasing this product, even if it is for the sake of the upcoming b748i. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe wing droop was improved in one of the updates, Nigel. Are you looking at old screenshots?

Cheers

JHW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Qavion2 said:

I believe wing droop was improved in one of the updates, Nigel. Are you looking at old screenshots?

Cheers

JHW

I probably am coming across old stuff.

I am looking to purchase this later today, the 747 v3.

I'm currently running a 1 year subscription on navigraph, so I've got updated AIRAC cycle 1704. 

I'm hoping FsPassengers work, too! This adds more realism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sky Prince said:

Also, what's with that wing droop? Is it not too pronounced? It looks... ... wrong. Or, is it me? But, looking at the real world aircraft, the wing droop is not even by that much.

This was fixed by one of the updates.

7 hours ago, Sky Prince said:

I'm currently running a 1 year subscription on navigraph, so I've got updated AIRAC cycle 1704. 

So ignore what I said about the navigation data. You DON'T want to replace that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now