Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

Rolling back to earlier versions

I started getting a few OOMs when I was on an older version of P3D (can't remember which).  The client was a few updates ahead of the other files.  In my attempt to solve everything I updated all of the files instead of just the client.  To roll back to 3.3.5 can I do just the client?  Or am I required to roll back other files as well (or are those the ones that would make a big difference)?

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

5 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

I started getting a few OOMs when I was on an older version of P3D (can't remember which).  The client was a few updates ahead of the other files.  In my attempt to solve everything I updated all of the files instead of just the client.  To roll back to 3.3.5 can I do just the client?  Or am I required to roll back other files as well (or are those the ones that would make a big difference)?

Like Mike says you might want to start a separate thread to get more attention but in short I would say it should work to simply downgrade the client in the same way it should be fine to just upgrade the client.

Personally though I took the plunge and did a 100% fresh install of the complete P3D when I went from 3.4 to 3.2 to make sure I ended up with a totally clean installation. Haven't had only single OOM since so this comes highly recommended from me for anyone who is experiencing severe VAS issues they haven't been able to sort using other methods.

Richard Åsberg

50 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Like Mike says you might want to start a separate thread to get more attention but in short I would say it should work to simply downgrade the client in the same way it should be fine to just upgrade the client.

Personally though I took the plunge and did a 100% fresh install of the complete P3D when I went from 3.4 to 3.2 to make sure I ended up with a totally clean installation. Haven't had only single OOM since so this comes highly recommended from me for anyone who is experiencing severe VAS issues they haven't been able to sort using other methods.

Since i installed the full last version of 3.4 i never done a flight without problem! After a fresh install w10

so yersterday i decide to rollback from 3.4 to 3.3 but just the client is available on p3d website

after done the that what about the other thing to do? Clear p3d cfg, shader and what? Because i did a flight and got about  10 crash, ai player, terrain dll and 3 gpu error

so today i test my gpu with furmark in 4K mode AAx8 and no problem just some little stuter, so i think all my problem are due to a software problem

what i can do now, i am really desesperate🙁

Frédéric Giraud

Hi Frédéric,

Please, again, can I suggest you too would be better served by posting this as a new topic.

There is much information you should find helpful in the Tips and Tricks section of these forums: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/657-prepar3d-tips-tricks-and-how-tos/

In particular, you should take some time to read the extraordinarily detailed helpful guides constructed by Elaine (aka Poppet). More than likely you will discover answers to your questions there.

Edit: Also, she is now one of the Moderators on the LM forums so you are quite likely to receive a more sympathetic ear 😉

Regards,

Mike

35 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Since i installed the full last version of 3.4 i never done a flight without problem! After a fresh install w10

so yersterday i decide to rollback from 3.4 to 3.3 but just the client is available on p3d website

after done the that what about the other thing to do? Clear p3d cfg, shader and what? Because i did a flight and got about  10 crash, ai player, terrain dll and 3 gpu error

so today i test my gpu with furmark in 4K mode AAx8 and no problem just some little stuter, so i think all my problem are due to a software problem

what i can do now, i am really desesperate🙁

Sorry to hear about your issues.

As you mention P3D doesn't offer you to re-download anything but the client when looking for older versions. Personally I think that is a sad thing now that they finally made older versions of the client available since that means you still won't be able to do a complete fresh installation of a previous version unless you already have all the files required yourself.

In your case and considering the issues you describe you could try doing the normal steps such as deleting Prepar3D.cfg to allow P3D to rebuild it, delete the shaders cache etc etc and possibly also try to perform a fresh installation of your graphics drivers since you had some issues related to your GPU.

In the end I guess the only option left if all this fails is a complete reinstallation of P3D but if you already tried that using 3.4 and it gives you issues I'm out of ideas I'm afraid other than wait for P3Dv4 and hope that will be good or go with FSX until P3Dv4 is released.

Another option if you didn't already would of course be to create a support ticket over at LM and see if they might be able to help you out.

Good luck fixing your issues!

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

I ended up deleting my shaders and that helped significantly.  I originally dropped only my water detail one notch and my LOD, but ended up moving my LOD back to the max after seeing my VAS was staying a bit steadier.  On my flight from YYC to IAH I was able to start at 2.9 VAS and ended at about 3.2.  I OOMed somewhere near DFW last flight in the PMDG and this time didn't even come close.  Another thing I didn't do is use external camera views until after I landed and saw I wasn't going to OOM.  I can't remember where but I read somewhere that if I switch views like that while on the ground at the departure airport I'll lose VAS and won't get it back.  I'll need to do some digging to find that thread again.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram