Sign in to follow this  
Lattanz

FS2004 Crackling Audio on Windows 10

As seen in this video, I am having some really annoying audio mix.

I'm trying to find a solution but have yet to find one, has anyone got a fix or a link on how to fix this? 

*******CAUTION***********
The audio in the attachment is loud to showcase the issue, sorry headphone users. :)

Thanks,
-Mike

• Upvote 1

If you have done a Windows 10 Creators Update, there are one or two threads around that are reporting sound issues too.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the response, I have not installed that Creators update.

Do you know if this has something to do with the hardware acceleration? 
I'm seeing this as a common fix, issue is, Windows 10 doesn't have this option.

-Mike

No sweat. Unfortunately I cannot provide an answer, but I'm sure there are others who will be able to sort you out.

• Upvote 1

I had similar experience in FSX-SE, only once for about 5 seconds, but recovered and followed normal, this happened after Window 10 1703.
I have Game Mode enabled on all simulators
I have no idea what it can be.
I also have FS9 and X-Plane 11, I did not notice any problem.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

This is actually a luxury problem :) Your framerate is too high, belive it or not.

If the fps exceeds 120 or there abouts, the sound starts cracking up. Limit your frames and the problem will be solved.

This is not Windows 10 related as it happens on 7 (and earlier) too. It's an FS9 thing.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 10:24 AM, neumanix said:

This is actually a luxury problem 🙂 Your framerate is too high, belive it or not.

If the fps exceeds 120 or there abouts, the sound starts cracking up. Limit your frames and the problem will be solved.

This is not Windows 10 related as it happens on 7 (and earlier) too. It's an FS9 thing.

Thank you so much neumanix !! You are right, I have a very power machine running FS2004 and when I set fps unlimited (about 990 with Cessna) the sound was terrible, so I limited it to 50fps and the problem went away. Thanks again! 👍

Edited by Hamilton_

Hamilton Müller

Yes, it seems to be hard coded and I think the limit is 100fps as that is the maximum value you can lock to (inside FS9) before going unlimited.

If you still want unlimited frames, another solution is to get rid of the wind sound, either by disabling environment sounds or by swapping each aircraft's wind .wav sounds for silent ones.

You can use the "silence.wav" that's included in FS9's sound folder.

But easiest is just to limit your frames to 100 or below.