Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Memory leak very fast

Did 3 test today. There's something wrong with PMDG 777 and KSFO. Flew KIAH - KSFO with PMDG 777, OOM. Try again, OOM. Try another route KIAH-KLAX and it is going fine.

And OOM happens around 2-3 hours into the flight, nowhere near San Francisco KSFO.
Using Flightbeam KSFOHD.

Will test later with FSLabs to see.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Yes, have the same issue EHAM-KSFO with newest Nvidia drivers. P3D crashed about 3 times from EHAM to KSFO on the way there and 2 times on the way back with the 777. A long time VAS was at 72% and suddenly it jumps to 94% on some ocean location with nothing else there, no AI and good weather. But also if it doesn't suddenly jump, there is a steady vas increase which results in an OOM after 2-3 hours.

This is a Royal Dutch Virtual logging screenshot, every vertical line is a OOM crash where I restarted P3D and their logging tool:

EHAM > KSFO

Screen_Shot_2017_04_20_at_07_05_38.png

KSFO > EHAM

Screen_Shot_2017_04_20_at_07_05_45.png

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

Hi,

Thank you for the detail report there. Have you found the cause of this yet? It seems that does not matter where the airplane is, as long as KSFO is programmed into the aircraft. The VAS will increase until P3D crashes.

Do you have PMDG 747 that you can test? I only have PMDG 777 in my P3D setup, when I flew earlier with FSX I didn't have any problem at all, both 777 and 747.

For now I have to stay away from KSFO.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Haven't found the cause yet, first time I saw it like this bad. I did remove KSFOHD from the scenery (with sceneryconfigeditor) when reloading after the first OOM when flying back to EHAM. Also difference between the two flights (apart from direction) is that they're a week apart and that I set water to Medium for the second flight. For the first flight it was set to High. Maybe it reduced the buildup, but still OOMed halfway across the ocean with pretty much nothing going on. Also almost constant in-cockpit and no opening of 2D panels as I use an iPad mini for the FMC.

I do have the 747, so I will try it when I get back from work in about 12 hours. Can't track this one on RDV as it simulates real flights, but I will try to track and annotate on projectfly map.

Btw, I used OpenLC America and Europe, Orbx NorCal, Active Sky 16 + ASCA, ENVTEX clouds, Flytampa EHAM, Flightbeam KSFOHD.

----

6 minutes ago, KenVerburg said:

Haven't found the cause yet, first time I saw it like this bad. I did remove KSFOHD from the scenery (with sceneryconfigeditor) when reloading after the first OOM when flying back to EHAM. Also difference between the two flights (apart from direction) is that they're a week apart and that I set water to Medium for the second flight. For the first flight it was set to High. Maybe it reduced the buildup, but still OOMed halfway across the ocean with pretty much nothing going on. Also almost constant in-cockpit and no opening of 2D panels as I use an iPad mini for the FMC.

I do have the 747, so I will try it when I get back from work in about 12 hours. Can't track this one on RDV as it simulates real flights, but I will try to track and annotate on projectfly map.

Btw, I used OpenLC America and Europe, Orbx NorCal, Active Sky 16 + ASCA, ENVTEX clouds, Flytampa EHAM, Flightbeam KSFOHD.

What are your P3D and video driver versions?

Thanks, 

Dirk

37 minutes ago, KenVerburg said:

Thanks, looking forward to your test on the 747. I am flying the PMDG 777 as much as I could with different routes to test and for now, only the routes that relate to KSFO have OOM. In the beginning I thought other scenery was involved but it wasn't.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

5 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

What are your P3D and video driver versions?

Thanks, 

Dirk

P3D hotfix 3 with 381.65. 980ti btw.

I ran the holy grail 376.33 driver for a long time, I did not try the 777 and KSFO with that yet. But since I don't have a lot of problems with this driver in other locations and saw encouraging info from amongst others Hoang I kept the latest version installed.

----

The 777 has a vas leak if you program your arrival and with an approach transition and certain ILS approaches. Try not programming your arrival until right before TOD.

7 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

The 777 has a vas leak if you program your arrival and with an approach transition and certain ILS approaches. Try not programming your arrival until right before TOD.

Ah, I programmed the arrival at EHAM indeed. That could be something to test.

----

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

1 hour ago, KenVerburg said:

Ah, I programmed the arrival at EHAM indeed. That could be something to test.

Hi,

I heard about that one too but most of the routes I fly, I put it in FMC without any memory leak, do you know which approach that people having the leak? I want to test it.

With the routes relate to KSFO that I had OOM, I tried both putting the ILS into FMC and not putting, still have the OOM.

I am currently enroute from Frankfurt EDDF to Kennedy KJFK, it has been 6 hours into the flight and I only drop around 50-100MB, from 1GB to 950-900MB, but probably because of having heavy clouds underneath right now, in the beginning it was sky clear all the way to the horizon. I program KJFK ILS 31L  into the FMC since preflight.

Yesterday I did Houston KIAH to Los Angeles KLAX and also program the transition + ILS 25R at KLAX into FMC since beginning, after took off I had 1GB available memory and at cruise it increased up to 1.1GB and stable all the way to Los Angeles area.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

2 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

My flight to KSFO was RISTI4 on ILS 28R.

I tried 3 times, 2 different arrivals + ILS 28R, 1 no arrival no ILS and all of them had OOM.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

2h41min into flight EHAM>KSFO with 777, no arrival set, still at 74%, hovering around 3020-3040MB all the time.

----

Just finished EHAM > KSFO without OOM. VAS was at 3105MB (76%) after 10h 42m. When I entered ILS28R RISTI4 via ECA and ARCHI at 10 miles before T/D it became 3198MB at 79% and after landing it was 3642mb at 89%. Unfortunately the buildings did not load, because Couatl had a problem, which I only noticed when pushing back in Amsterdam and I did not want to restart the whole app again and ruin the VAS test, but I think it would have been safe to land.

Also had the water set back to High after I changed it to Medium on KFSO>EHAM.

So it looks like entering the arrival and ILS just before the T/D fixes this issue, at least with the sudden crashes on the way to KSFO. So I will ammend my procedure and always enter the arrival later. Thanks!

----