Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

XP11 Flight model

Im thinking about buying the dc6 but want to be able to use it with xp11.  I know that austin made some significant changes to the xp11 flight model and engine model to fix some inaccuracies from xp10.  I know ixeg is going to have to do some significant work to their 737 to get it to work properly with xp11 since they spent so much time getting around the default xp10 flight model.  Im wondering how accurately the dc6 is working in xp11?  Will it need a flight model/ engine model rework for xp11, and if so is anything in the works?  The reason I want to buy it aside from the fact that Im so bored with automated aircraft lately is that it is the only thing available for xplane that simulates anything behind the scenes accurately, other addons may look and feel good but when you actually compare egt, n1, oil temp, etc readings to the real world they are far from accurate.  I dont want to lose this by using the aircraft in xp11.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

On ‎19‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 1:27 AM, Pilot53 said:

the only thing available for xplane that simulates anything behind the scenes accurately

Well, there's also the Saab 340A which is very good (but also not XP11 optimized).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Not sure we'll have any answer soon regarding the DC-6 in XP-11, unfortunately, or whether it'll be supported on that platform at all.

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Check out the "pro" versions of some Flight Factors x-plane jets, they are good in terms of system accuracy

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here