Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Version 1.1 open issues

Having come late, and only flown V1.1., I still find a few open problems:

- The altitude preselector in the VC does not select 100s and 1000s, as the popup version does

- The trim wheel animation is backwards

- There is a jagged seam at the left corner of the cockpit panel (maybe only on my system..)

I have reported these to Carenado.

Bert

Thank you, @Bert Pieke.

You see, this is why I am still sitting on the fence for this aircraft, which in a different situation I would have bought on day 1. Carenado is already working on the Real 390 Premier I and (today's announcement) on the PA42 Cheyenne III. This coupled with my experience with their previous aircraft tells me that we will hardly see more improvements after the usual 1.1.
I will consider the purchase if they ever will release a v1.2 with the above fixes (already reported by others) or the community will somehow succeed providing those fixes and a correct FDE. Otherwise I will pass on.

As today, I am only using the Do228, the Aero Commander 500S Shrike and the Cessna/Reims F406, which I consider their best aircraft, along with their classical GA stock (Baron B58, Bonanza etc.). I ended up hangaring all the rest after playing for some weeks and fighting with their usual AP problems.

One more:  I lose the clickspots on the VC autopilot when activating one of the cockpit panel light sliders.

The culprit is the second slider from the right.

Solution is to not activate that particular slider.

Bert

I just use the shrike Commander with the mods of Bert, I consider as real pilot of Commanders that the shrike Carenado have real behavior and dynamics, like the real....  Pass on the rest...  The DA Cheyenne is better much better than this Cheyenne (even with his age).

Wait for the turbo Commander 690B