Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

No 2D panel question

How to edit my favorite aircraft so that it would start in 2D view but without the 2D panel, just one big "window" screen? In 3D view I want to leave everything normal?Thanks!

Sure there is...depending on your panel. So always back-up your panel config, or better yet, create a new panel folder such as 'panel.ALT' and copy everything from you main panel folder into it, then make changes within the new panel folder. That way, all you have to do is put the panel 'name' in front of 'panel= ' within the aircraft.cfg. In this example, for the aircraft you want to use, insert panel=ALT . Same as you would when installing a new texture.Now....here is an example of the 'window00' in a typical panel config..Note: This may be window01 that needs to altered depending on how the panel was designed://-------------------------------------------------------->Window00< file=panelok2.bmp size_mm=1024,768position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=cenXXX!start, 330,620,70,81gauge01=cenXXX!SWpanellight, 516,628,35,34gauge02=cenXXX!SWmaster, 220, 646 ,29,50gauge03=cenXXX!SWnav, 589,632,17,26gauge04=cenXXX!SWstrobe, 642,632,17,26gauge05=cenXXX!SWtaxi, 710,632,17,26gauge06=cenXXX!SWpitotheat, 589,707,17,26....and so on...Do this://-------------------------------------------------------->Window00<--NOTE: I replaced the brackets with arrows for the examples, as bracketing made them hidden in the 'post'file=panelok2.bmp size_mm=1024,768 <<---You will need to change this, but try it 'as is' first, then 'cycle' through your views.position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000///gauge00=cenXXX!start, 330,620,70,81 <<<---then , 'rem' out all your gauges, doing this you can always easily put things 'back in'.///gauge01=cenXXX!SWpanellight, 516,628,35,34///gauge02=cenXXX!SWmaster, 220, 646 ,29,50///gauge03=cenXXX!SWnav, 589,632,17,26///gauge04=cenXXX!SWstrobe, 642,632,17,26///gauge05=cenXXX!SWtaxi, 710,632,17,26///gauge06=cenXXX!SWpitotheat, 589,707,17,26That should work for you.

Thanks, Bekeske. I still have the panel without gauges, 3D view is intact which is good. Could you please read again and see where I could make a mistake, I followed you verbatim.

I guess I've figured it out, thanks again. Just remove the panel background bmps from the panel.alt folder. It did the trick.

Guest Tophatter

Wouldn't it have been simpler to change the line:visible=1to visible=0? The aircraft would start without the panel showing but could be called up with SHIFT+1 or cycling the "W" key.Seems like with the above method, you have no way to call the panel up at all as all of the guages are REMed out.Bud

Yep, that would work too. Depends what I'm doing I guess. Sometimes I always like to have my 'back-up' in case all goes wrong....but, point taken.

>I guess I've figured it out, thanks again. Just remove the>panel background bmps from the panel.alt folder. It did the>trick.ooops, yea, you're right....you can probably 'rem' those out as well.Glad it worked for you.