DrumsArt

Recognition Engine Not Installed Grammars Not Loaded

Hi,

Today after I connected P2Atc to Fsx Acc, only the "Simulator Connected" message was present, the Recognition Engine Installed and Grammars Loaded messages were missing.

I relaunched P2Atc and Fsx 5 or 6 times with the same result and again the same problem after restarted Windows7 !

I checked the playback and recording devices. I did not find any problems on this side.

Finally after other unsuccessful tests P2Atc decided to kindly connect. Thanks...!

This is the first time I've encountered this problem. How to deal with that ?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like something got scrambled in WIndows Language settings or something.

Rebooting the PC might have fixed the problem quicker, but there's no way to tell.

You did the right thing to check the microphone settings as that and the US English language not being installed are about the only 2 things that can stop the Recognition Engine from installing.

Another Strange Gremlin from the PC.

Dave

Thank you for the quick reply. Of course I checked also the US English language installed. All was fine...

I hope this will not happen too often, I lost over 2 hours on the subject without understanding the why or the how to ;-)

Richard

It should be very rare.  If it does happen again, you might try re-connecting once or twice and then go directly to rebooting the PC.

Dave