Sign in to follow this  
moss1

a movie question

Wow, this is my third post today, different subject of course. I am looking to make a movie with fraps or gamecam. If I only knew if gamecam will work on win2000pro? Does anyone know what is used for camera movement? I have active cam, but in the movies I have seen, there are way more nice slow pans and such. Does any of this software come with those tools? If not, what do I need to accomplish this?Any suggestions? Thanks. Best regards, Jeff

Good afternoon everyone. Well, I ended up installing fraps last night. I am trying to find a tool that can control camera movements other than active cam. Ex: If I want to do an aerial shot ground up, left right etc...the hat switch is too jerky. I can pan with my mouse in VC since I don't have trackir. Is there any programs that can control stuff like this. I am planning to make a nice movie featuring some of the payware AC out there, but I want it to look the best it can be. This is the only thing I need to solve. Also, I notice the memory usage when running fraps is insane. Without fraps and not running FS9 yet: 75,000 / with: 152,000 and not running FS9! Can this cause system crashes once FS9 is running with payware and scenery added to the mix? I have 1.5 gigs ram. Any suggestions? Thanks again for any help. Best regards, Jeff

Hey everyone, I just wanted to follow up and see if anyone here knows the answer to my question? I was over at the Aeroworx forums talking to a fellow simmer about this. I just want to be able to create some nice camera moves. Also, if there are any fraps users here, do you have big performance issues when recording? I notice at least 8-10 fps hit. I can't afford to loose that much. Until I get a new machine, is there anything you can suggest? Those are my two main issues at this time. If anyone could help me out, I would be most grateful. Thanks again. Best regards, Jeff

Guest Adverse Yawn

I only just created my first very basic movie (postsing soon). I only noticed a 3-6 fps loss with Fraps. Not too much. I'm not sure what to say. I have 1gb, Athlon XP 3200, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Win XP. Try turning off the AI traffic.

Yes, fraps will take a hit on your system the minute you start recording. You need a good system to have it record without stutters.As for your camera movements, many are created by simmers with Active Camera, Walk & Follow, or by certain "tricks" they learn. Like anything, it takes time to master them. Check out some of the sites/forums dedicated to FS videos and you may be able to find more insights on how certain camera shots are made. Also when you see a shot you like in another simmer's video, look up the author and drop them a friendly email. They are usually more than helpful to assist nubies to video production.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thanks guys for your tips. After purchasing the full version, I am now stuck with it. I am going to get a better system. I am looking at a AMD Dual core 4200 now with an Nvidia6100. I've had it with tweeking after two years, everyday, 7 days a week. It's a good thing I got fraps because that was the deciding factor. I have an editing system with thousands sunk into it, yet I have been putting off upgrading the sim pc. I can't wait to get it. The only problem is my business overhead is not going to allow this for alittle while. I think making the videos for everyone will be more satisfying for me than the simming itself. I will keep you up to date with the progress. Thanks again for your time. Off I go to find a way$$$$:-roll Best regards, Jeff