Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

Pan View Speed

Guest mtom

Hi guys.Can someone show me how to increase the pan view speed?Did a search and had a look around on the other threads, but couldn't find anything. It's probably been discussed before. Couldn't see it anywhere, though.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest SJDickson

In the FS9.cfg file, edit the PAN_RATE value. The default is 400. The higher the value, the faster the pan rate. I use 1250.The FS9.cfg file is in the C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFS9 folder, where USERNAME is your login name. The Application Data folder is hidden by default, I think, so you may have to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files. To do this, in Windows Explorer, select the Tools | Folder Options ... menu item, click on the View tab and then enable the 'Show hidden files and folders' check box.

Guest mtom

Ta fellas. Much appreciated.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest allblack

Guys, always keep to learn.....what is meant by a pan view rate?CheersTimNZWN

Hey Tim, Pan view rate is the speed at which you pan left to right, up and down with your hat switch on your joystick, or the numberpad 9 or 7 if you don't use a joystick. The default is very slow, so by increasing the value in the FS9cfg file, it makes a world of difference. I have mine set to 700. The default is 400. Try it.Best regards, Jeff

Guest allblack

Ah ha!Thanks for that. I'm not keen on mucking around with my .cfg file, but one day I might get brave and give it a go.Thanks for that.CheersTim

Don't worry, can't muck it up too much. You can always make a backup copy first. All you need to do is scroll down in the file and locate PAN RATE and change the number to your liking. I have mine set to 1500 although I'm now a user of Trackir4. So the pan rate depends on the movement of my head. Great product.