Sign in to follow this  
mog

Throttle responses

Hi again all,

I have recently assigned all my controls to FSUIPC, the reason is that every time there was an update to win.10 the controls on FSX would default to basic superseding the ones I had put in. There is however a problem with this, I have found that when I fly Leonardo's Maddog if I wish to alter the engine power settings with the auto throttle engaged I am unable to do so, with FSX controlling the inputs this is possible(as in RW), is there a way of setting this in FSUIPC? I would much rather use FSUIPC for all my controls as they have remained constant in spite of win.10 interference.

mog

I have not had a windows update change any settings in games other than Windows Defender et cetera.

One idea is to set up your controls and make the file "read only" so it cannot be overridden.

Hi Zatoichi, thanks for the response, don't get me wrong I much prefer all my controls to be run through FSUIPC, it's just this anomaly, I don't think it applies to any other A/C, just the MD80, the facility (if I can call it that ) is extremely useful especially on the approach on ILS if you drift low on the GS, just push the throttles up to regain the line.

The updates that caused the problems were just updates not necessarily to the games setup, it would seem that the first time of use post an update all my settings were changed, I believe I have seen other reports of this happening, not necessarily on this site though.

mog